"Got em," you dropped the keys inside your bag, turning towards him.

"We should go now," you murmured, forcing yourself to focus and not lose your breath every time he was looking at you.

"You bet you should," spat the janitor.

You both were out at the entrance gate again, alone.

If Oikawa was disappointed for you ignoring him, he didn't show it. Instead, he unzipped his jacket.

"Here," he said, holding it out to you. "You are soaking wet, you'll catch a cold."

He kept his arm outstretched, leaving him with just an Aoba Johsai's t-shirt and trousers. His jaw tightened, and you felt as if he was daring you to refuse the gesture. "Please."

"Well, if you insist."

You take the jacket and wear it. It was at least four sizes too big. When you zipped it up and shook out the sleeves so that they fell over your hands, the severity in Oikawa's expression faded.

You fought the urge to twirl around. Don't be weird.

Oikawa smirked at you.

"What?" You placed your hands - which was no longer visible - on your waist. "Have you never seen a drowned rat wearing an oversized jacket before?"

"None like you," he laughed, "plus you don't look like a rat, you look like a burrito."

It didn't seem like the rain would stop, and the storm was getting worse.

Another flash of lightning ignited the sky and you could see his face more clearly now he stood there quietly, looking up at the sky. At that moment he looked, vulnerable.

You both stood there in silence. Later sitting down on the nearest bench.

You sat there wrapping your arms around yourself and running your fingers through your hair so it wouldn't frizz out too much in the humidity.

"Umm Y/N?"

"Hmm?"

"I have an umbrella," he takes it out from his bag, showing it to you.

"For what joy are you waiting around here for?" you demanded.

He looked at you and smiled," I don't want to leave you."

"I'm leaving then I'm already soaking wet," you cut in, "I got my keys," you said dangling them in front of him like a child.

He laughed half-heartedly. His teeth were clattering.

Soon you both were melting into the easiest conversation until you decided to head back home.

Oikawa was crestfallen that their time together has come to an end. You got up to leave when-

"Y/N."

Oikawa tilted towards you and gripped your leg, holding the lower half of your body.

"Wait."

Your heart flipped, and you were worried he could hear how loud it was suddenly beating. You tried not to breathe too quickly, or to stare at his hand on the lower half of your thigh, just above your knee.

You looked at him and found him studying your arms, your waist, your - his jacket.

"Oh," you shook your hair out, scolding yourself. "Your jacket."

You began to unzip it.

"No, it's not that," he replied quickly, keeping his hand on your thigh. "You can give it to me some other time."

You dropped your hands into your lap and waited, your breath bound up in the base of your throat. You could see he was steeling himself for something else.

Your brain began to flash with a thousand possibilities and suddenly your heart was ricocheting off your ribcage like it was trying to punch through it.

He inhaled sharply, his expression suddenly uncertain. "The keys," he said quietly. "Can I have it back?"

"Keys?" you were confused.

He tried saying it again in a different way, "my house keys are inside your- my jacket."

Your face fell, and something inside you - it felt a lot like hope - shrivelled up and died. You reached out inside the pocket and fished out the keys, dropping it onto his outstretched hands in one hurried moment.

"Of course."

His fist closed around it and a flicker of relief passed over his features, relaxing them. "Thank you."

"It's not like I need them. You know, those are your house keys. It probably won't open any doors in my house."

The words tumbled out in unbidden, high pitched sentences, trying to distract from the awkwardness you were feeling.

Before you decided to say anything more stupid you got up to leave.

"Y/N."

He stood up, his expression serious. "Can you do something for me?"

"What?"

"Can you please take care of yourself and go home safely."

"Okay."

You turned around and started running towards the direction of your house. While he watched you go.