Having witnessed this scenery, the guard addressed of the last name Hugh, couldn't help but grin behind his master's back with beaming eyes that could shed some tears any sooner. He felt like he was struck by luck at the same moment for being outside of the range of the emperor's view, right now.

"I believe, what Your Majesty did was fair enough. Although this might not seem too convincing coming from someone such as myself-"

"It's better to have the awareness of a potential problem more than having to learn about it with a taste of devastation and betrayal later on.", the man added to his reply, looking away to hint that he could spout such nonsense from his personal experience.

The effectiveness of that last statement mostly came from the person's tone, thus, it resonated greatly within the ruler's thoughts. After a brief silence, Leonard moved his lips.

"Yeah... I thought so too.", he smiled, tagged along with his speech, made up of loose formalities.

From there, the location changes into an office piled with mountains of work on top of each and every single desk present. The hard work poured onto the papers could be seen through the dark circles below the eyes of the monarch's aides. No one could even be bothered of paying attention to Leonard's arrival at the scene, with their focuses locked on their own duties.

That just proved how busy it was at the Imperial Palace, every day. Hence, as per usual, he turned a blind eye to this impudence as he directly sat on his own post.

"Hm?"

Ten seconds hadn't even passed since he rested his bottom, and yet he already got his vision absorbed on a particular letter, sealed with a familiar crest to his interest.

''She' sure is a shameless one.', the man thought, smirking at the sight of the opened letter which consisted of only one, simple sentence;

-Tell me where you sent the previous duchess of Shevaria!

While picturing the lady, herself, speaking of such words through her own lips, he was rather impressed than offended, considering that no one could be as brazen as her when it came to someone like him, the emperor.

Not to mention, to be so straightforward at asking for confidential information despite her minor assistance during their deal-

"What courage...", he sighed in a very low volume, being reminded of a special someone who crossed the River of Styx far before he could do, due to the similarity.

"......"

In a blink of an eye, the bitterness on his stare dispersed, attaching back the smiley expression on his face as he immediately wrote a reply for the letter. However, unfortunately for the receiver, the written statement stated as such;

"'As long as you keep getting along with the Crowned Prince'?!"

"May hell be upon you!!!", a certain lady whose hair was colored in mint green, added to her yelling.

Thereafter, the black-haired young man on her side who likewise wiped off his sweat from the training, opened his mouth after hearing out her loud complaints.

"But at the very end, His Majesty will still agree, right? Does milady wish to waste this chance?"

"Everything could've been fine as long as it didn't involve 'that bastard'(Noah)."

"Well... I get your point in that issue......", he passively averted his gaze from the other person.

It was then that a middle-aged man joined in the middle of their discussion with some sort of odd-looking sack rested on his right shoulder.