Jolie (@XxOneMoreChapterxX)

I wish I could take back the first moment I saw Aiden. Then I wouldn't be crying on my bedroom floor, alone and sad and angry. Aiden has no right to treat me like this...but he does. He's scared, and everyone knows it. "Jolie." Bronte says from outside my door for the sixth time today. "Please let me in." "I'm fine!" I call back, but my voice sounds too high and cracked. "If this is about the boy-" "It's not, dad. You wouldn't understand." Eventually his knocking stopped. I held on tightly to my stuffed unicorn. Bronte bought it for me when I was 3. I'm done with all of this. Maybe Aiden's fear is justified, but I don't think I can manage being around him any longer. Not that I am ever near him, anymore. Tears build up once again as forbidden memories bubbled up: 'Aiden, you surprised me.' 'Jolie...you don't have to pretend...I know." He'd said nothing more, instead hugging her tightly. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________-__________________________________-____ "You look...wow. You look really pretty today. ' "Only today?" 'No, I meant..." 'I'm just teasing you!' she had said with a playful punch to the shoulder. ___________________________________________________________________________________________________-__________________________________-____ "Aiden, I like you, lots. I know you might not like me back, but still. I really, really, like you." ___________________________________________________________________________________________________-__________________________________-____ The confession had been a spur of the moment kind of thing. A i'm-sorry-but-this-is-what-I-really-feel kind of thing. A I-hope kind of thing.