Livvy and Brennon (@-livv-)

Tomorrows the dance. No date. No dance.

"But, Livvy." Chiara whines, I just told her that I'm not going. "I'm going to be alone."

"Fine. I'll go but it'll be embarrassing." I mutter.

We were in the cafeteria eating lunch. Then someone says behind me.

"Room for one more?" Chiara drops her fork, and I look behind me, it's Brennon.

I look at Chiara, she's blushing and looking down at her plate of Umber leaves. And my inner matchmaking explodes! "I don't know, can he, Chiara?"

"Hm-" She looks up and sees Brennon, her blush goes crazy. "Oh, yeah sure. I don't mind. Don't mind at all." She rambles, I smile wickedly. Maybe just maybe- one of us will be going to that dance with a date.

Brennon just smiles, and so does she. Then blushes.

"So Brennon, this is my best friend, Chiara. Chiara, Brennon." I tell them. "Sooo Brennon, how's life?" I say not so subtly.

"Good- hey! I got adopted." He says excitedly. I smile, Brennon is an orphan. He has been living at Lorivalley with the other orphans. His parents disappeared when he was around 3. He and I are friends. I know almost everyone at the school.

"Really! By who?" I ask, happy- no over-joyed for him.

"Former Councillor. Councillor Zarina." My heart- I don't even know what to feel. I immediately look at Chiara.

Is she sad? Happy maybe? Confused?

Wheres Uncle Keefe when you need him?!?

"Oh, that's nice," Chiara says with a sad smile. "When you moving in?" She asks.

"Three weeks from now." He says happily.

Let's hope this goes well.

***

Brennon pov -

The bell goes, after lunch. Livvy gets swarmed by Yuna and Loli. They take her to who knows where leaving Chiara and me, in the hallway.

"What class do you have next?" She squeaks. Shes looks cute when she's flustered.

"There the Ultimate Splotch Match today, silly." She turns red.

"Sorry." She mutters. I smirk.

"How is it even elvenly possible to turn that red?" I joke. She looks away but I see her lips twitching upwards.

"Shut up." She grumbles.

"Pretty hard don't ya think?" I say annoyingly, as we continue walking to the gymnasium.

"Rightt, cause you're so amazing." She says back, with a smirk. We stop at the doors. "Were late y'know?"

"Yup I know!" I say. "Were probably gonna get detention for it, but eh I'm VIP there," I tell her smugly, she giggles. "How about you? Ever had a detention?" I ask.

"No, but it seems to me that you've been stalling." She points out.

"Oh, she's an apple, she's funny, pretty, and observant. I wonder no one has asked you yet?" I say, I notice when I said 'pretty' her smirk falters.

I look into her eyes, she looks right back at me. She steps closer, then jumps right back when she hears the door open. Lady Alexine.

"Ms Zarina? I-i mean Ms Vivan." She says to Chiara. "Detention." She just nods. "Good now since both of you are late you will not go to the ball tomorrow." Her straight face crumbles.

"Lady Alexine, Brennon, didn't do anything i tripped and he helped. That's why." Chiara tries to cover up.

"Nah, she's lying. I was distracting her." I fight back looking into her eyes.

"Welll-" Chiara's cut off by Lady Alexine.

"Enough! Both of you in the gym right now. I can't stand it, y'all too cute. You get to go to the formal, under one condition." We lean in. "You have to go together."

"What?" Chiara says appalled, turning red.

"What, you too chicken," I say.

"You can bet that we're going smart mouth, see you then." She walks into the gym.

"Woah." I say.