61 - Special affairs

Hakan

We get into the car and drive into the congested early morning traffic on our way to Adalia to sign an important contract with an interior design company.

- What did Sanem say to you just now? Judging by your expressions, it must be something very serious, isn't it?
Dilara's voice gives me a strange shiver down my spine as it has been happening for some time now whenever I hear her speak in that warm and sensual voice of hers.
I'm aware that I've started to look at her in a whole new light, I'm fascinated by her smile, her witty and ironic mind not to mention her long legs that, at this moment, are sticking out from under a short dress that tends to rise dangerously while she's crossing them seductively.

-Hakan, calm down, you're going to a business meeting and your thoughts are decidedly unprofessional.
I repeat these words to myself like a mantra, shaking my head briefly to try to regain some clarity.
Better to focus on the question he asked me.

- Sanem has been contacted by a publisher who wants to publish her book. In order to do so, she would have to move to Izmir and then conduct a presentation tour in Turkey and abroad. She had already hinted at this possibility before agreeing to come here to Ankara to work with me, she had confided in me that becoming a writer had always been her biggest dream and now that she has the opportunity to realise it she told me she can't refuse....

- Is she leaving? Is she leaving us? And what will she do with her beautiful Can Divit?

I have an inner anger that I don't want to name right now when I hear her refer to Divit in that way, but I try not to let it show - Yes, she has told me in advance that she has decided to accept the editorial offer and, as soon as the most important campaigns are completed, she will leave us to go to Izmir. As for Can, she seemed very confused, she told me that she has no idea what course their story is taking at the moment.

- They've become very close, haven't they? -

- Yes, I think something important is going on right now between them- I take my eyes off the road for a moment to turn towards her, we look at each other intently for a moment and then both return to staring straight ahead.
I think we are aware that this same sentence can also fit very well to our current situation, something is happening between us. An embarrassed silence seems to hover in the cockpit for quite a while until Dilara, with her usual exuberance, lightens the atmosphere with a joke about two employees of the agency who have started dating even though they are both extremely shy.

Once in Adalia we spend the whole day in the offices of the interior design company to make all the preliminary arrangements for the signing of the contract the next day. In the evening we go back to the hotel and go up to our rooms to freshen up with the understanding that we will meet a little later at the restaurant on the ground floor for dinner.
I am the first one down and sit at the table waiting for Dilara while I check some emails on my phone.
My attention is soon diverted by two black pumps that stop next to me and from which my gaze rises to admire thin ankles, then long, shapely legs and finally a breathtaking physique tightened in a silver mini-dress with thin straps.
I am speechless and breathless, she is beautiful.
She has left her hair loose on her bare shoulders and is not wearing her usual glasses, which give her a jaunty but also very professional look.

She's sexy as hell, she looks at me with her lips folded into a seductive smile and my suddenly crazed hormones seem to take over any rational thought. I promptly get up to move her chair and help her sit down, but I can't say anything, my mouth dry and my palms sweating with excitement. I don't understand what's happening to me either, but right now I feel like a teenager with a first crush who almost can't manage his emotions and doesn't know what to say or do.