46 - Enchantment

Sanem

I am shaken, I can hardly believe that what I heard is real, that he really said that there can be no one else for him and that he wants me forever. I leave the public bathroom of the bazaar after freshening up and trying to regain control of my emotions. I go back to the set where I find only Dilara waiting for me, I look around - Where is Hakan, weren't we going to have lunch together to talk about the Sharme campaign? -
- He had a sudden commitment and left ,  he will call you in the evening to give you the details of this morning's meeting. How about the two of us going to lunch? -

-Of course, let's go-

The time I spend with Dilara is always time outside of time, with her I can forget everything because with her irony, with her witticisms that are never banal she manages to make me relax, lose track of time and forget any negative thought.

At a certain point I can't resist my curiosity, I want to know what she thinks about what happened earlier with Can - So, how is it going with the handsome photographer? -She shakes her head smiling- It's not going well, let's say it ended before it started, he told me that he is so much in love with a woman and that for him there can't be anyone else- He shrugs- What can I say, I had the impression that he was sincere, he seems to be really lost to this mysterious woman and I can't help envying her-

I move uncomfortably on the chair, yeah, who knows if there is really something to be envious of after all I've been through because of him... I don't know what to think at this moment, I need time to reflect on the words I heard him say just now, words that can mean everything or maybe nothing as it was in the past.

We return to the set shortly afterwards, Can is already ready with his camera around his neck, he turns briefly towards me before starting with the shots to direct me, once again, with one of those smiles of his that would make any representative of the female gender from 11 to 95 years old tremble.

I look away quickly, trying not to show the confusion that reigns in my mind at the moment, while the shooting continues at a fast pace for the whole afternoon. At a certain point, while the shots are stopped waiting for the models to change clothes, Can suddenly appears next to me, I look up at him questioningly, only to be taken aback by his unexpected gesture. He takes my hand, brings it to his lips in a gallant gesture and then simply whispers - Thank you for existing Sanem Aydin, the world would be baya, baya much, much sadder and greyer for me without you, I can guarantee it -.

He smiles that murderous smile of his once again and then goes back to his work leaving me completely bewildered and destabilized, Allah Allah, this man is going to kill me that's for sure.

We arrive early in the evening when the whole set is dismantled to be reassembled, during the night, in a street of the old city of Ankara where the shooting scheduled for tomorrow will take place. I sigh, this week seems more and more interminable, I can't think that there are still four days left and then... then I don't want to think about then.

Everything is in place, my work is done for today and I say goodbye to the guys in the crew and head towards the exit of the bazaar. I get into the taxi lost in a thousand confused thoughts that not even the long journey home helps to clarify, I think of Can who left the set a few hours before, waving at me from afar. Who knows where he was going so fast I wonder for a moment, luckily I heard him refuse Dilara's offer otherwise I would have thought he had run to her.

I get home and feel the urgent need for a nice shower and a walk on the beach, only there can I find myself to breathe normally again and, fortunately, this early winter evening is warm and illuminated by a huge full moon. I go down the path through the woods without any effort given the light filtering through the branches of the trees, I reach the beach as usual sure to find the peace and darkness that always welcomes me after a long day's work.