19 - Obsesión

Sanem

I leave the agency with trembling hands and a heart that seems to want to burst in my chest. I didn't expect to see him, he should be back in a month and by then I would have been far away from Fikri Harika and him forever.

I had foreseen that I would never see him again, even if nothing would unite us from now on, our paths were about to part for good. Tomorrow will be my last day at the agency, I have left to attend the last meeting with the representatives of HXC Cosmetics, during which the advertising campaign will be assigned to the agency that won the competition, and then I will leave Fikri Harika and go out of his life forever.

In the taxi that is taking us to our meeting I close my eyes trying to breathe deeply in order to regain control of myself and my emotions in turmoil.
I have to stay calm and focus all my energies on the last challenge, the decisive one, the outcome of the competition will largely depend on the success of my presentation today so I have to stay more than focused on my main objective at this time.

The rest has to take a back seat, I can't let him disrupt me and my life again, he made his decision by leaving months ago, now it's irrelevant that he's back. He's probably just here for a short stopover before the next trip that will take him who knows where.

I walk through the doors of the HXC Cosmetics meeting room trying to give myself an image of professionalism and confidence, I have to be strong and decisive in front of the representatives of the company and competing agencies.

I prepare the material in front of me on the table and set up the PC with the presentation, I feel exactly when "he" enters the meeting room, a shiver down my spine tells me that he is behind me and I feel that he is looking at me. Breathe and control yourself Sanem, right now there is only your work and the goal you have worked so hard for in the last few months.

I see Hakan getting ready for his presentation, he puts his usual easy-going gaze on me and joins me, leaning over briefly to whisper in my ear
- Good luck Sanem Aydin, may the best man win... remember to send me your address, I'll pick you up at 8 p.m. -.
I look up and smiling I wish him good luck too, it's true, I had completely forgotten our agreement, we had agreed that we would go out to dinner together once the project was delivered.
I turn my head slightly to look towards the back of the room at the man who, confident and with folded arms, is watching me at this moment.
The one who pushed me aside without any hesitation, the one who crushed my heart and my self-respect, the one who made me feel like I wasn't worth enough to make the effort to stay and try to make things work between us.
I turn back to look at Hakan and nod - I'll see you tonight -.

I collect myself to return to the present and my work, I listen to the proposals submitted by the other agencies, I really like Hakan's, it's definitely well done and structured, I think he was ultimately right, our agencies are the only ones in contention for the win.
Now it's up to me to give my best and really make a difference in favour of Fikri Harika.

When it's my turn, I approach the table where the HXC Cosmetics representatives are sitting to hand over the project prints, then make my way over to the screen to start the projection of the campaign I've designed. I turn around and deliberately avoid looking towards the corner where I know he is.

- The product that HXC Cosmetics is about to launch on the Turkish market is a very feminine, exotic and sensual essence, characterised by warm, spicy and enveloping olfactory notes.
It is a product intended for women, but we wanted our campaign to make it a weapon for women to attract the lust of men.

We want men to recognise it as an essential element of the object of their desire, of their woman, we want them to be captivated, conquered... we want them to be literally OBSESSED by it.

I push the button on the remote control and the image symbolizing the campaign we have created appears on the maxi screen in the meeting room.

Obsession is the name of this perfume, it is the embodiment of the ardent desire and incessant passions of a man who desires his woman.

Who has never felt beyond reason by the scent emanating from his woman's skin?

Obsession is a perfume that awakens the desire of every man, that haunts him and triggers an emotional storm that sweeps him off his feet.
Every woman who wears it knows she is ready to be desired, she feels safe, she feels she is in the thoughts of her man who dreams of her and lusts after her every time he is near her and can smell her perfume -

This is the slogan of the campaign that Fikri Harika proposes:

"Obsession, the perfume that will take every man beyond all reason".

I can't resist, my eyes go for a moment to meet his and they return an intense and knowing look, he has understood. A roaring applause greets the end of my presentation as I return to my seat and greet Deren's words of praise with a smile.
While I'm collecting my things I hear someone approaching from behind, I know perfectly well who it is, I look up, first at Emre who shakes my hand enthusiastically and then I find myself staring into those eyes that I loved so much and that hurt me so much.
He offers me his hand and I can't help but shake it.

- A perfect presentation by Sanem, for a perfect campaign, I can only confirm every word, a perfume is able to make a man lose his mind... I can only add that it can only do so temporarily, it will never be able to make a heart give up fighting because it feels it is beating only for a woman -

My heart, which at this moment is beating wildly, is pounding in my ears and almost prevents me from hearing his words, I look at him uncertain about the meaning to give to his statement while our hands continue to remain united in a grip that we both seem unable to break.

It is the arrival of the HXC Cosmetics representatives who are greeting each participating agency that forces us to break this bond made of glances and joined hands. I try to regain control of myself, exchange a few words with them and then go back to finish gathering my things. I inform Deren that I won't be going back to the agency today, we'll meet tomorrow morning at the company's headquarters to find out the outcome of the competition and then I head for the exit, I feel like I can't breathe, I need to get out of there immediately.

A hand on my arm stops me halfway down the corridor leading to the lifts, I look up only to find myself lost again in those black eyes that have always captured me and transported me to another dimension, a dimension that was once ours alone and no longer exists.