Chapter 54

Asch's POV

She was still wise like Rhys.... She was still gorgeous like last time but this time her face was added with one thing.... Worries...

"Trader? The one who past Shu summoned?" "Apparently he's behind everything. He now controlled Chang'e. All plans that Shu called as 'Her Grand Plan' was actually a small plot of Trader's Plan." Jing said while leaned her body on my arm.

"And by the fact we came to Daamos was because Shu was the only one who knows Trader's plans of schemes. To stop him , Shu was the main character." Josh said while a face of worries appeared upon Rhys's , making the Usagi twins a bit confused.

"What's with the face , Rhys?" "It's just...Ugh..." "Apparently Shu doesn't remember anything before. Shu wasn't the one we know and loved before." Pierce said straightforward while Josh scratched his hair with annoyance and confusion.

By the next hour , we told them of the changes of Shu. And the huge comparison of Shu made Jing who cared of her a lot sobbed in sadness while she collapsed into my chest sobbing.

"I afraid we couldn't help since Shu couldn't remember anythi-" "Lies , lies , lies..." We looked at the door where Shu stood beside Noi as she walked into the room.

"Trader... I have done a lot of research on him. But none of them lead to single useful information. He gave me a lot of advices on life choices. He told me the right path but recently his unseen voice gone muted which brought my suspicious." She uttered as she placed her arm on the arm of the couch. "But he did mention some prophecy that could've take his life away... But I have no doubt he hid it from us." She said proudly while leaned on the chair.

"Apparently there was something called The White Rabbit Prophecy. And we had our hopes upon Jing since she's the smartest and wisest. But we couldn't find the Prophecy. And by your accusation , it might be tough to look for it." I looked at Shu who's face appeared to be a bit stressed but the stress was quickly vanished as she shook her head.

"But , don't we had to hide first?"
We all looked at Ava questionably , which made her freaked out a bit. "I mean- Since Jing and Josh yelled out my name and revealed me as a human , don't you think I gotta.... hide a bit? Besides , Josh and Jing's first impression was eventually in human form." "Ava has a point , some Daemos had might gotten their way to the castle for this extreme valuable information." As we all sighed for being clueless , help had reached out...

"*sigh* Is this how are we going to do things?...." She sighed as she stood up like a completely healed Daemos as she walked to a corner which then a hole had revealed to us.

"Look it's not like I'm going to help but eventually things happened and some Daemos had already noticed the spirit twins. If you don't want to be neither captured or assassinated , this will be the perfect spot for a hideout. Plus , research." She uttered as she jumped down from the hole which seems pretty dangerous for us Daemos who don't jump boosts.

By a quick instant , Jing grabbed me by the wrist as she dragged me down and we were then landed in a lake which was safe for the rest to follow as they jumped.

"How many secret spots you got , Shu?" Ava questioned as Shu had changed into something similar to Pierce's dressing but with the Tiger symbol armour piece and a light green robe and her hair tied in a braid.

"Not much just ten. This was the second biggest in the household." She uttered which made Ava froze by a second , "Trust me , this was a better place compared to the biggest hiding spot of mine." She uttered as she lead us a library like room.

"Interesting..." "Books I won or stole , ancient or the latest , light or dark magic , they're all here. Nashira helped me with some." "Got a new one , Ma'am." As Shu spoke about Nashira's name , she appeared right next to Noi as she tossed a book to Shu.

"Eventually , your important prophecy could be used terribly wrong in the wrong hands. But in Trader's hand , it could haunt his life." Shu said as she climbed onto the ladder , tossing books from the shelves. I picked up one of them and found the content were mainly focused to Trader and him only.

"I think he did mention of a book that could end his life. It appeared like a old diary of his...Red cover with a skull head pendant.... If we torn the book apart , probably it will end its legacy." She uttered as she jumped down with a scroll opened in his grasp as she read.

"Then where's the book?" "I think it's right here... Nashira! Where's the book?" "You mean this ma'am?" The creepy voice once again emerged from the air as she handed Shu the deadly book of Trader's.

"Ah yes , you're dismissed." Shu uttered as I tried to grab it from her but she quickly moved the book away from my grasp. "What the- Just give me the book already!"

"You have no clue or sense how DANGEROUS this book was! If you opened it , there's a high chance darkness emerge , evil took over the entire Daemos nation , neither crops or our lives won't be spared! Our bones will be dissolve in thin air , intestines will be blended into brain juice and our souls were been turned to dust. And most importantly! Our stories....Will be forgotten!"

She exclaimed with her eyes written with anger and fear. Watching her eyes shimmer , she tossed the book to Jing as she walked away , with Noi following.

"I think I'll take this by now." Jing answered bluntly as Leif tried to reach his hands towards the book.

Noi's POV

I quickly followed Shu who just threw a much larger tantrum onto us. She then leaned her back onto one of the shelves as she sat onto the ground and starred sobbing.

"S-Shu?" "Argh...*sob**cough*" She choked by her tears as I sat next to her and pulled her into a hug. "Those memories.... They're like pieces of a glass mirror...Stabbing into my mind.... It's so terrifying Noi...." She mumbled into the ear. "We'll be fine , Shu..." "No! We won't!" She yelled as she pushed me away.

"What do you mean-" "Since the book was deadly as I described , one of us had to sacrifice yourself for the closing of the ritual and either the person will be forgotten and burned to their death!" My eyes widened for what she said.

"I just....don't want to be forgotten... Especially by you..." She uttered as she leaned her forehead on the shelves ad I placed my hand on her shoulder. "Shu.... Even if it's you who would be sacrifice.... I will remember you...till we met in the afterlife...." "Y..You don't understand Noi. That's not how the curse wor-" Before she could disturb me , I disturbed her with a caress on the lips , shutting her up.

As we parted away , she looked at me with nothing but sparks in her eyes. "You talked too much , Shu. Don't even try to have doubts on the curse..." Finally , she giggled as she placed a caress on my cheek as she walked away with me , following behind her.

Rhys's POV

"These were so very old spells! She actually have them?!" I was still being amazed by the ancient spells on Shu's shelves.

"Indeed I do. Now , where were we before we're disturbed by some good old flames?" Finally , Shu had returned with the good old annoying Asch scent on her as she walked to one of her long desks.

"Who did you call old?! I'm still younger than you!" Asch once again throwing his temper tantrums at Shu while Josh stood next to me. "Noi and Shu have a better relationship than before eh?" "It appeared so. By the comparison , Shu was much more initiative than before. And she changed from hesitation to determination." I spoke as a hand on my head ruffled my hair.

"Glad to hear that , thanks for taking care of my sister anyway." He smiled as I felt a huge wave of heat came up and quickly moved his hand away from my head , in case he touched ny horns.

"Y-You're welcome by the way." I uttered as Shu called me to help her out.

"Hey Ice Boy , help me out a bit here? We need some brain juice of yours to get back to the moon or Lunaria as what the spirits called their nation."
"The name's not Ice Boy! It's Rhys , get it right!"