Chapter 42

?'s POV

'What's this?' The thought just snatched into my head right after I saw this terribly dressed Daemos in front of the castle gates.

I examine her and found she still had a heartbeat , but just only unconscious. Her peasant like clothes were torn and bruises were around her body.

'Hm... Her body was indeed weak. I think it's better to take in.' I thought as I carried her on my shoulder head towards my direction.....

Noi's POV

Uh-Ugh..... W-Where am I?....

I opened my eyes and found myself back in Daemos. "We're back in... Daemos." I uttered softly ad Keif suddenly grabbed Zex by the collar , yelling "What did you do?!"

Watching Zex who escape from Leif's iron grasp by phasing onto a tree branch , he uttered that the human- Wait , where's Ava?

"You bastard!!!" As I turned back , not able to find Ava's figure , Zex had phased away as Asch yelled at him. "Let him be." I turned to Rhys questioning him with a 'huh?!'.

"We have to find her!" "Yes , but by the circumstances, we shouldn't. Lady Grandma was in trouble , which means someone had knew the truth. We must put a hundred percent of caution. However , Ava on the other hand , let's just hope she would be calm about the situation she's in." Rhys answered Pierce with a tone of calmness and nothing but calmness.

"What did you do?" "Just a little spell and magic. But first , we had to get the castle without being noticed. Follow me." Rhys said as he lead us into the forest.

Wonder what have he done to Ava....

He soon lead us to a silent and dark hallway with a trapdoor below our foot. We are currently in complete silent since Rhys told us we're very clsoe to the gates of Daemos.

"This way." "Where does this lead to and why was this here?" "Lady Grandma used to order to get ingredients for her spells in the middle of night but that moment , the gates was guarded by warriors. So she told me the location of this." Rhys said as he climbed downwards as we followed.

After walking quite a distance , we have finally reached our location , the altar. Rhys opened the door , checking if the coast is clear. But he instead, he pushed down the door and yelling out for Lady Grandma.

I eventually not noticing that the door was located above from the ground and.... I smacked my face onto the ground.

"Lady Grandma! She's....frozen?" I stood up as I noticed Rhys who stood in front of a frozen statue of Lady Grandma. I quickly walked towards her where the other were there too.

"Prince Asch , could you use your flames to unfreeze Lady Grandma?" "By all mean , sure. But who's the fella who told me not to use magic in unnecessary times?" Rhys grunted for Asch's question , saying "This time was different! She's your grandmother!"

After setting a ring of flame around Lady Grandma which probably need some time to unfreeze her , we talked about our situation by now.

"Would it be Lady Bish who froze her?" "High chance, since she needed the spell to activate the portal to Ear-th." "Does she knows everything? Even we hunt down the last soul?" Rhys nodded nervously as we heard a yell.

Rhys's POV

"Which hag wants to burn down this poor old lady?!" I quickly stood up as I found Lady Grandma who was extinguishing the flames.

"Lady Grandma! Are you alright?!" She then realised it's us and she heaved a sigh of relief. "Oh....it's just you boys. Finally return from that long journey huh?"

"Lady Grandma, did Lady Bish-" "Don't talk about that wench! She froze me into an ice statue , and didn't even greeted with me! Unlike someone among this group of male."

*COUGH**COUGH*PIERCE*COUGH**COUGH* she's definitely talking about him.

"Lady Grandma, our friend has been taken to Daemos and she was somewhere in the palace. Was there a possibility for you to activate a spell to find her?" I quickly questioned Lady Grandma since I have no clue how long the spell I casted on her shall take.

"Hmm....A human? And a female.... Better not be my grandson's bride-to-be." She uttered as she walked to the table where her spellbook was placed , leaving Asch in red and us in rage.

"Mirror of The Seeking Light , Show the maiden by the might!" As Lady Grandma read the spell , a mirror shaped in a pupil was appeared in mid air as Ava was appeared in the mirror.

"Ava!" "Where is she?" Lady Grandma shrugged by her grandson's question , then we continued observe the location of Ava by now.

"Was she outside of the castle gates?" "I believe so , those trees around her were crimson trees which were only found near the other village of Daemos." I said as the mirror started to shimmer a bit as it shut down by the second.

"The mirror! It just.....shut down itself?" "The Spell Hunter.... He's there..." We turned to Lady Grandma who's doing observation with her potions. "Spell Hunter?" "He had been committing crimes of stealing ancient spell books. He stole one recently. While we managed to burn down the rest of the ones he's after."

Burn?

Which means-

"Lady Grandma , are there any books with the title Ancient Demon Summon Spell Book?" "What do you think I know? I was froze here before the books were burn." Lady Grandma exclaimed.

"Isn't that the book that Shu or Mrs. Bungee was once trapped in?" "Yes. But I have no clue which book that the Spell Hunter snuggled out with." I said while storking my chin. "Apparently, we have one suspect, " I looked at Lady Grandma who then uttered the name of Baron Hou , a very kind-hearted Daemos I would say.

"Huh? Isn't he someone that doesn't believe in spells and magic?" "People change , scrub. Rumours spread that he had an ancient book that was newly evolved. I need the book for observation and of course , keep it away from other evils' hands." Lady Grandma answered Leif.

"You boys can actually head out with the hole you came in with and find your princess."

Oh my lord , Lady Grandma.......