Chapter 29

TW : Rejection and Hanahaki disease

Shu's POV

"Ava! Lorelai! You guys came!" I squealed happily while rushed towards them after saying goodbyes to Aphmau and the gang. But eventually , I fell onto the ground , thanks to my long demon tail.

"Ugh...行啊,你这个条尾巴.(Sure...you tail...)" I uttered softly. "Are you alright , Shu!?" I looked up and found the angel boy I love was being concerned , of me. "Y-Yeah , I am. Thanks Noi."

"Woah , Shu , did you forget to get the prop of the performance away?" Lorelai questioned me with those demon horns and tail. "Uh... About that.... It's actually real." I said while scratching my head.

"W...hat?"

For a quick sudden , Leif walked to me and grabbed my tail, made me hissed a bit and backed off. "Woah Woah! I just know about it!" "Let's be honest here , those demon features looks great on you. But how are they realistic anyway?" "Thanks Kawaii- Chan , she splashed a potion on me to test it out for her friend." I looked away , avoiding my face becoming red in front of Noi who just compliment on me.

Pierce who stood next to me , placed his palm on my head and patted me. "Awwww , you two look so adorable!!! Actually , is this the first time I seen you without your cap , Shu?" I nodded as Lorelai squealed around the festival. "You look a lot like us just the tail...." Rhys said while staring at my horn and placed it on mine.

For some reason , a huge wave of blush crawled onto my face as I ran away and hid behind Ava. "Oh my Celine.... Please don't do that next time..." Suddenly , I have realised Leif had a face with the creepiest smirk I ever seen. "Alright , alright , we should probably play around instead of harassing someone now , why don't we split into 2 groups?"

You gotta be kidding me , Ava.

Noi's POV

Eventually , Leif and Pierce formed a group with the female human who screams a lot while me , Asch and Rhys were with Shu.

Eventually, Rhys was being the talkative role , since he was being being curious about the formation of the potion that Shu was used on in order to turn her into a demon like us. "But , who such powerful can form such potio-"

"Hey! Why don't we play some carnival games?" "Carnival games?" "Well , you can win prizes and let me be honest here , Ava likes carnival prizes a lo-" Before Shu could finish , Rhys and Asch immediately ran towards a human and started playing to get prizes to court Ava.

"You can come with me to the other one , if you want to , Noi." Shu said shyly while her face turned red. "You alright , Shu? Your face seems red." As I asked , her demon tail straightened and she denied it quickly. "Y-Yeah , I'm fine! W-We should probably get playing before the carnival shut down." Shu said while walking before me.

What's wrong with her?....

Well , we do have a lot of fun. And with Shu's help , I got myself a piggy plushie as what Shu called from one of the humans. "Hey Shu , you can have this." She looked at me full of shock. "W- I mean , wh- But , isn't that for Ava?" "I wouldn't get it without your help. Just have it , as a token of thank." I passed the plushie to her with she snuggled it tightly while her demon tail swinging left and right.

"Let's head to the ne-" Before I walk to the next stop , she grabbed my wrist and stopped me from moving the next pace.

"Can we talk....privately , Noi?" She asked while looking to the ground shyly. "Y-Yeah sure."

"I know you Daemos have something with Ava , but I still have to confess this to you , " Shu said nervously as she lead us to the backstage where humans rarely entered , "Cause I would felt terrible without express it out , and I wanna give it a shot..." I looked at her confusingly.

"Noi.... I...like you.... More than a friend.... I wish you give me a chance." She said with her face turned crimson red. I looked at her with a smile , approach to her , placing my hand on her shoulder.

Shu's POV

"I like you too, Shu."

I looked at him full of shock and joy in my eye , well , maybe my Hanahaki has hope after al-

"You're a great friend to me!"

Oh geez....

"You don't have to feel terrible after you ran to Lunaria. I forgive you for that mistake!" He said happily.

He understands my sentence in a different way....

"You're the best among all friends!"

I'm.....just a friend....

"Shu? Are you alright?"

"I-I'm sorry! I have to go!" I pushed the piggy plushie to him as I ran away and leaving him alone at the backstage.

"Shu!? Shu!...."

I ignored his calls.

I ran to the park , the place where I was abandoned by my birth father , I walked to the bench and collapsed onto the ground.

I looked at the demon tail that finally disappears in thin air as the time limit of the potion ends. I pulled up my hood as I sat on the bench alone , with the cold breeze blew onto my skin.

I sobbed.

I cried.

His first respond gave me hope. He then crushed all my hopes.... My Hanahaki disease was helpless..... Helpless....

"Boy, you got me helpless~ Look into your eyes, and the sky's the limit~ I'm helpless~ Down for the count, and I'm drownin' in 'em~" I hummed while staring the sky that's turning dark and the stars appearing.

"Helpless~ Look into your eyes~ And the sky's the limit~ I'm helpless~ Down for the count~And I'm drownin' in 'em~" I hummed while a choke in my throat came once again. After ensuring that no one's here , I coughed out the pain and petals , I looked at the completed locus flower laying on the ground with some blood drips on them , being helpless with my Hanahaki.

"Helpless~"

"Where have you been!? You know how much I have been worrying about you?!" Ava yelled full of worries and anger. "Sorry , just some urgent situation happen. I promise I will tell you next time." I said while pat her on the head , "By the way...."

Second person's POV

".....You did get the piggy plushie from Noi , didn't you?" Shu asked her adoptive sister. "Oh yeah, he's sweet. Why?" Shu smiled while the inner her was a sad face , putting her hand on Ava's shoulder, turning her to Noi , "Ya know... He spend a lot effort on the plushie, he literally spend all my tickets to get it. Thank and think about him." Shu smiled as she left Ava confusingly.

As Shu shut her door , she pulled out the tickets she lied from Ava , crunched them into a ball and toss it into the trash bin. 'I will be Angelica now....' Shu thought as she suddenly remembered that it's time for her pills.

'Where are they?'

?'s POV

'Well , well , she had them worst....' I thought while walking to my calendar. 'This last time was 10 years ago. It's just mother and daughter right?....' I thought while touching the memory that was been sealed in a glass bottle.

The time has come

She shall meet

Her friends on the other side...