Chapter 19

Noi's POV

Once again , I walked through the Cray-O-La box , looking at Shu's half closed chamber doors , having some flashbacks about the conversation earlier.....

*Flashback*

"You saw what , Pierce?" Rhys questioned Pierce once again , in the throne room.

"Yes , I saw some orb looking object in her bag before she shut her chamber doors for slumber." Pierce answered.

"It must be something very powerful..." "It's obvious that she wanted attention from us since we had our eyes focused so much on the Sorceress." Asch answered while resting his chin on his palm.

"But why would she make it so obvious that there's an orb in her bag? I mean , she could hide from us since it's something that's powerful?" Leif questioned which Rhys eyebrows narrowed while thinking about this question.

"Heh , then it's her mistake that she revealed them , "Asch chuckled as he looked at me once again , "Noi , this is the last time , take the orb from her. There must be huge source of power."

"Yes , Prince Asch...."

*Flashback Ends*

I walked slowly to the door , hearing sounds from the room, knowing that Shu has woken up. I looked through the hole between the doors, noticing that she's playing with her harmless stringed weapon on her bed.

"...Like a river flows~ Surely to the sea~ Darling, so it goes~ Some things are meant to be~" Through the small space of the door , I have noticed glow in blue and violet repeatedly , probably was the one that Pierce mentioned.

"Take my hand~ Take my whole life too~ For I can't help falling in love with you~" I was stunned by her words for a sudden. Who is she in love with? Was it Leif or Pierce? Why do I even care?

Without noticing , I leaned towards the door and accidentally fell onto the ground , which make Shu squealed for my sudden appearance. "N-Noi! How long have you been here , I mean there!?" "Ah- Just for a while." She walked towards me and picked me up from the ground.

I looked around the room , and finally , the orb. It looks just like a soul orb we hunt down earlier back in Daemos. "Make yourself at home and don't sit on Gobi." I turned my head and found Gobi who suffered climbing onto the table. I pushed his little legs , giving a helping hand.

He squealed and then jumped onto my legs and sat there. I did freaked out for its reaction. "Relax, Gobi is not like Mirage or Johnny. He's more a cuddle loving creature. He does that cause he likes you." Shu said while strum of the strings and Mirage , the spirit from Daemos purred as she pet on the head.

"So....Asch gave you another order huh?" "Yeah...." I looked away awkwardly. "Yeah , I can see that. I'm quite like a bait to be captured by you Daemos." She said while randomly strum her harmless weapon.

Suddenly , a tone similar to Ava's magic slab played from Shu's. She grabbed her phone and started mumbling to herself through the magic slab. ".....You serious?....I thought the kids would be fine with him and turns out , a bully scene?," Shu massaged the bridge of her nose , "Yeah Yeah , there's a white damsel in distress waiting for me , I know Katelyn....... Yes , I will." Shu then sighed as she hung up her slab and grabbed her bag.

"Wait- Where are you going?" I asked her while grabbing her wrist. "I-I , well , Travis was taking over my Wushu classes , he's probably weak than the kids , so I gotta help him , bye!" Shu yelled as she walked away , out from the apartment.

Was it me or was her face red like last time?.....

I looked at her figure disappeared in my eyes as I looked at the glowing orb that was placed on the table among those papers and books of Shu.

I felt like the orb was telling me to come closer to take him to Prince Asch but in this case..... I lose trust from Shu.....

She had helped me by pulling me out from my fears......

She had showed me how much dancing and singing meant to her....

But......

Asch actually spared me from death....

He made me his knight in order to pull me out from the cliff to death.....

For years..... I have been taking training classes in order to pull my ranks up.....

I would be dead if it wasn't Asch.....

I looked at the orb and reached out my hand........

Rhys's POV

"What do you mean it's not there?" Asch questioned Noi. I looked at Noi confusingly , not understand what he meant by "It's not there at all".

"I went into her chamber after she left , the orb wasn't there at all. I check it twice." As Noi answered , Asch stood up from his throne , walking towards Noi and grabbing his collar , lifting him from the ground. "Better not be lying to me." "N-No , I'm not!" Noi yelled in his face.

Asch them sighed as he put Noi down to the ground hardly. "I. Would look for it by myself." He said as he dismissed us and left the throne room.

I continued my researches in the library since Asch cut me off on the half way of my potion making. Right when I grabbed a book or two , a scroll dropped down from the shelves and caught my attention.

After setting the books on the table , I picked up the scroll , and found a pattern created sentence on the scroll. I tried to break the code but I failed to.......

What in the Daemos was this language?

"Rhys." I turned , found Prince Asch standing with an orb in his grip. "Was that-" "Break this thing and obtain the magic in it." He demanded while tossed the orb to me as he left for his own business.

I set the orb aside while continue on the scroll.

The orb can wait , but this can't.....

Jing's POV

"Come on....Come on....." I mumbled while watching the salmon haired Daemos who's reaching towards the toy through the binocular.

"Ugh , what's making him hesitate!?" I groaned full of annoyance. "Jing , relax , 你有那么希望淑回去吗? (Do you really wish Shu go back?)" I looked at my twin brother , rolling my eye as I look back through the binocular.

"Yes , she's the only one who could settle that problem in ages. I wrote that ages ago in my diary." I said while seeing the salmon haired demon pushing the toy onto the ground as he ran out of the room.

"该死的! (Dang it!)" I said while tossed the binocular onto the ground, smashed into pieces , and sat on the cement ground. "Seems someone passed your test?" Josh looked at me with smile , but I replied with a annoyed look.

"Never mind , it'll be fine , Jing. Besides , Shu's a grown up woman already , she could handle this. Come on , Fish and Chips for dinner." Josh hummed happily as he walked towards the elevator.

I looked back at the empty room- Wait , there's someone. A man with black hair and white horns , wearing a cape , pushed Gobi onto the ground , as he snatched the toy away from Gobi's grasp and walked out of Shu's room....

Asch.....

Welp , he's not worth trustworthy , and he had committed an animal abuse case.

"Jing! Come on! The restaurant does not wait for us!" "Y-Yeah! Coming!"