Chapter 26 | New Living Arrangements

Start from the beginning

Even if this cursed room had a light, I wouldn't be able to see anything. The area around my eyes was bruised and swollen from the never-ending torture. I genuinely think that I might not be able to walk if I ever get away from all of this. My leg had been hacked at with a knife until you could see the bone. I thought for sure that they were going to cut it off. Instead, they poured alcohol into the wound and stitched it while I was still awake.

I'm not quite sure how, but throughout all of the horrible torture, I was able to not say anything about Stray Kids. It was the only thing keeping me going. I refused to betray them like that. I couldn't, especially when it was all my fault. I was the one who left to try and save Y/N.

But there was no way I would be able to go through all of this without slipping something eventually, so I created a plan. After a little more of this. I'm going to tell them some facts, some small details that are true, and some details that are plain lies. If I pulled it off well enough, they would believe me, and then they would kill me. It was my best fate.

This base was too well-protected for the rest of Stray Kids to infiltrate it and try to save me. And there was no way Seventeen would let me go.

I was okay with this. I had figured this would be what happened, although I had underestimated Seventeen's torture tactics.

I'm starting to regret not taking an acting class while I was in school.

"I really should have just taken it with Hyunjin when he practically begged me to."

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

Taeyong's P.O.V.

4:50pm

I sat at the head of a long oval-shaped table. Twenty-two men sat around it, waiting for me to explain why I had brought everyone for a group meeting.

We only had a full group meeting maybe twice a year, and they were always planned out for months so that everyone would be able to make it.

For this one, however, I had brought in seven of them from out-of-the-country missions in just three days.

It was obvious that some members were anxious with there only being twenty-two of them instead of twenty-three. Not everyone had been informed about the betrayal of Yangyang.

I lightly couched to signal everyone to pay attention and look at me.

"So as you can see by the empty seat, Yangyang is not here today. And he will never be seen here again. Recently Yangyang helped our prisoner, Wonwoo escape." I stood up from my chair and started pacing behind it. "We have found out that he seems to be helping Seventeen now."

I paused my speech to look around the room, specifically the people who were closer to Yangyang.

Kun, the leader of the unit Yangyang was part of, kept his head low. I know he's ashamed to have not caught onto Yangyang's thoughts of betraying us.

The only other reactions were those of the members who didn't know that Yangyang had become a traitor.

"I'm sure most of you have already figured out this part, but if you see him anywhere, immediately call for backup and attack him. I want him brought in alive though!

"In the next few weeks, we'll be planning on a mass attack on Seventeen. I want us to completely destroy all of them!" I slammed down my fists onto the table, making a few members flinch. "This will be the perfect time to reveal our hidden weapon and become the strongest mafia in Korea!"

With the promise of attack, the table filled with grins and excited anticipation of the fight. Especially of one person who sat near the back of the table.

Our hidden member.

-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-♦-

[Author's Note]

I really thought that writing a fanfiction and making myself have a schedule would help with my procrastination. Nope. Instead I just leave a whole chapter to plan and write in one night. Every other week I do this to myself. This is why I have such a messed up sleep schedule.

Oh, important(ish) question. Should I keep adding author notes? I'm not sure if anyone really cares for these or if they're just something that's there.

Also I sorta hate Seungmin's POV in this chapter. I know I needed to give an update with him but I'm not sure if this was a good one. So if anyone has a better idea for what to do let me know and I might add it part of the next chapter or just edit this chapter.

Anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter! We're starting to get to the final third of the story I think. I'm both excited and scared because I'm still not sure how I want this to end but I'll figure something out.