Chapter 47

"Immortal children were very beautiful. To be near them was to love them. They were created at the time of birth they were born. Since they couldn't control their thirst, we had to destroy them to keep the humans from finding out about our kind." Aro begins the tale of immortal children. Marcus left to the library in a flash and came back with a big brown book about immortal children.

Crystal opens it up and sees a list of vampires that had an immortal child and when they died and by whose hand. Jacob lifts his big wolf head looking down at the pages, seeing some have illustrations of what an immortal child looks like.

"Since the children couldn't keep the secret nor be controlled, we had to kill them, countless humans slaughtered and vampires burned along with the children they bred." Caius continues the tale looking at his mate read some info about the children.

"Hm, quite graphic and scary." Crystal shuts the book laying it to her left on the window sill.

"It was. Many vampires wanted a child that can live forever even the Denalis." Crystal looks up to Marcus who wears a grave expression.

"The Denalis made an immortal child?!" Marcus nods.

"Denali's mother made one and she paid the ultimate price. She grew too attached and allowed the child to reak havoc on the town." Caius says next looking over from his brother to his mate.

"Poor girls had to witness the child and mother dying." A moment of silence befalls the four as Crystal allows everything to sink in.

Jacob looks out the window thinking over the story before he hears something. It is a small thump, if it wasn't for his wolf hearing he would have thought he was hearing things but the small thump beat once more. Again and again. a faint heartbeat. 

Jacob left ear flexes to hear close to where he hears the faint heartbeat and soon he moves his head to look over at Crystal's stomach. Jacob discreetly presses his ear on Crystal's stomach to hear the heartbeat once more and to have proof it is what he thinks it is.

Thump, tha-thump.

A faint heartbeat. a baby heartbeat. Jacob lifts his head and gets up in slight alarm when the realization dawns on him. Crystal is pregnant. She has their child developing in her womb. She. Is. Pregnant!

"Jacob?! Jacob!" Crystal cries fades as the big wolf swayed and fell on the floor. The kings move over to the big wolf in concern. Crystal moves over to him and looks him over.

"What happened? He was fine a minute ago." Caius looks over the wolf seeing no physical injury.

"Maybe he is low on food that he fainted?" Marcus says one of the ideas in his head.

"No. It is not that," Aro says in a daze as he has his hand on Jacob's paw. Previous thoughts flood his and Aro gain the info which caused the wolf to faint. "He was thinking about something that got him to faint." The king's red gaze falls on the queen to his left who holds great concern in her eyes. Such a strong woman bears a treasure she is not aware of.

"What info, Aro?" Crystal looks up at the king who is already looking at her. Eyes holding a feeling she can't describe. He looks so relieved, content, and full of precious love which causes Crystal to narrow her eyes lightly in fear.

"Uh, Aro why are you looking at me like that?" Crystal aks scared. the two other brothers look over to Aro and they too become concerned. He never had such a daze expression before.

"You are pregnant." The two kings and pregnant queen's eyes widen. 

"What!?"

"Jacob fainted because he was able to hear your child's faint heartbeat. Even now I too can hear it slightly." Caius and Marcus strain their sharp vampire hearing and slowly but surely they too hear the faint thump, tha- thump coming from Crystal.