Chapter 45

As I appear once more on Forks land, I rush to Jacob's house. I hope I am not too late. I make it to the edge of the woods and see Charlie in the house looking grim and Jacob is finding out about Bella.

I create that invisible shield and make it to the house so I can hear the conversation. I know Jake may hate me but this is to keep him from getting hurt.

"Hey Jake, long time no see. How is your girlfriend, uh Crystal?" Charlie asks J.

"She is good." I can hear the lie from here without super senses.

"Jake, are you okay, you look like someone slapped you." J's father, Billy, asks his son concerned.

"Oh, just missed you guys." I look through the window and see Jake hugging his father. From here I can see he is heartbroken.

"How is everything?" J asks after hugging his father and trying to hide his pain. My big strong alpha.

"Bella seemed to have gotten sick over her honeymoon, they are extending their stay," Charlie tells J and I see J curl his fingers.

'Please, Jake don't go.' I plead in my mind.

Jake walks out the door and hops on his motorcycle. No! I run after him as he zooms over to the Cullens' house. I stop at the border watching him go right through. I don't know if Alice saw me and told the family of our arrival. Bella can be planning already.

I look at Alice's timeline and saw she will see me coming if I cross into their territory. Head onto the home ground. Shit, if I step on the land, the future will be set and Bella will use the child in her to get J on her side then Edward will talk to Jake and blah, blah, blah. 

For once I am torn between actually trusting Jake to think clearly and not let Bella manipulate him. Trust that being surrounded by the Cullens, their game won't work on him and he will return to tell the kings what he found.

But, the thought of Jake being in a house of manipulative Cullens who use their innocence to their advantage and will control Jacob into breaking the Volturi.

'Stop him' the female whispers in my ear.

'I don't know if I can.' I respond to her, lost on what to do. I want to trust Jake but all my instincts tell me to keep him away. I have to take care of my mate but he is a grown man, he can take care of himself.

'the Cullens will use the shifter, stop that from happening, you can use your powers'

'I can't always use my powers, no matter how easy it is.' I quarrel with the voice in my head.

'You are more my daughter than Carlisle, use your powers'

I dig my hand in my hair panting and breathing heavily. More time spent here in the middle of the woods is more time, the Cullens can use Jake. I...I...cannot allow them to do that. 

'That is my girl' I wave my hand over the border and time stops. I make it through the land and make it to where Jake is already in the house and sees Bella pregnant. I transport myself right between Jake and Bella.

'Kill the bitch' 

The female has a point. I can stop the future, not give Edward his wish of gaining a child. I see Rosalie and Emmett with Jasper to the far corner. A bundle in their arms. What? I walk over and see the child.  They already had a baby? they don't waste any time.

The baby has Rosalie's looks while it has Emmett's eyes and I bet his personality. The three have finally got what they wanted and I am happy for them. Another vision unfolds before me and I see if I were to kill the child within Bella, she will lash out and take Rosalie,'s baby.