Chapter 8

The air is heavy not from the rain and thunder but from the company my family and I are meeting with. Laurent holds up a ball, our baseball that Edward didn't go and get. 

"I believe this belongs to you." Victoria smiles at the man and James just has his head titled looking at us with predator's eyes.  Laurent tosses it to Carlisle who catches it with a tight grip.

"Thank you." He rolls it to the tip of his fingers, relaxing his hands.

"I am Laurent. This is Victoria," She nods her head to us in greeting. "And James," the hunter tilts his head some more. Freak!

"I am Carlisle. This is my family."Carlisle moves his head side to side to look at us. James' gaze narrows at us and his eyes move across us and stick slightly on me. I lift my head a little higher showing I am not afraid. He grins at me like a flirt which agitates me.

"Hello." Is that all Laurent can say. This atmosphere isn't going to get any less tense with the small talk.

"I am afraid your hunting activities caused a bit of a mess for us." Carlisle has a bit of a scolding tone.

"Our apologies. We didn't realize the territory has been claimed."

"Yeah well, we maintain a permanent residence nearby." Laurent's red eyes squint slightly and then he looks at James.

"Really." James' gaze moves from me to Bella and Edward. The corner of his mouth shifts slightly in a slight grin. this guy is too tense for my liking. 

Wind please I am begging you not to blow. I really don't want to save the human's ass. 

"Well, we won't be a problem anymore. We were just passing through." Laurent and the family gaze never leave each other. Geez, if I had known this would end up in a staring contest then I should have broken more chairs for everyone to sit in.

"The humans were tracking us but we lead them to the east. You should be safe." Victoria's honey-filled voice speaks for once. 

Carlisle huffs with his nose in amusement and a slight attitude with a smile on his face. Dad are you always this snarky when meeting with rogues. "Excellent."

"So, could we join your little game?" Laurent tries to diffuse the situation.

"A few of us were leaving. You can take their place." Carlisle suggests. "We'll bat first." He tosses the ball to Laurent. Victoria catches it.

"I'm the one with the wicked curveball." She smirks in amusement. This girl is very snarky. Is it always like this. Vampires having snarky comments and staring contests with each other.

If so, then why did I give up my mortality?

"Oh, I think we can handle that," Jasper comments to the girl's attitude. Emmett agrees with giddiness. He loves action more than anything.

"We shall see." Victoria hisses at Laurent as she gives him the ball. We split and James is the only one who stays where he is.

I look at the red timeline and see the time is close to the gold indent of consequences that follows Bella wherever she goes. Please wind, Plllleeeeaaaassssseeeee, don't blow. I am literally begging you.

Edward and James have a last-minute staring contest. James is the first to turn away and that is when the gold indent turns into red. The wind blows and I curse the wind gods for not hearing my plea. James inhales the scent and grins hungry for the human's blood.

"You brought a snack." He walks forward and Edward pushes Bella away.

I run immediately in front of my brother not to make him push James further into his hunt. James' gaze land on my Caribbean blue eyes. Every vampire can see they are the human color blue. Not one speck of red or gold is in them making me the mystery for all.

"Edward." The jackass had to hiss causing the coven to hiss and come back to being tense. 

Carlisle gets in front of Edward and Esme pulls Bella behind her. I stay by the front slightly in front of James' gaze. He holds his black eyes to Bella but moves them between her and me.

"Why do you have blue eyes?" He asks.

"That is none of your concern, hunter."

"The name is James."

"I know, I was calling you by your ability to be a hunter dumbass. Are you that stupid?" He sneers at me and I growl at him.

Carlisle's hand grips my arm as I begin to open a portal for this guy. I close it at Carlisle's gesture. 

"The girl is with us." Carislise voice sounds strained and tense just as much as his body. "It's best you leave." Everyone still shifts on their weight tense now with the smell of humans in the air.

"I can see the game is over." Laurent's eyes remain red not like Victoria or James black ones. At least he has more control of his thirst than the two companions he brings with him.

"We'll go now." He walks back as Carlisle straightens up showing his dominance at being the leader.

"Mind telling me your name dear one." Laurent looks at me and I glare at the three rogues.

"Why should you carry my name in your minds? You are leaving are you not? I believe I am not an important factor to remember with a mre name that will not be spoken." I streighten out as well. 

Carlisle and I are almost the same height. My height being straight blocks James view. He sneers at me which I lift my head at him. He is not my superior and he can't make me do anything.

"James." Laurent pulls his friend back wary of us. He knows he is outnumbered.

"I want a name." James sneers at me.

"You are not getting anything from me or from my family. Including the girl which is not yours to hunt." I growl the last word in anger. I try any settle way to keep James from hunting the girl.

James growls and walks off with Victoria after him. Laurent bows slightly at us and follows his other two wild vampire companions. He needs to keep those two on a leash.

"Get Bella out of here. Go." Carlisle talks to Edward who straightened up.

Edward drives off with Bella and I can hear her heartbeat batter against her ribs. She is scared and confused which is driving the hunter insane. The next gold indent of the hunt has turned red. I groaned at the fate design.

"Crystal what is it?" Carlisle whispers at me.

"Hunter has an eye set on his prey and fate is not looking bright for our dear friend. Get to the house. There is no stopping or changing what is to happen." I tell them out loud so all the family hears.

"What did you see?" Alice's voice quivers as she doesn't know the future quickly as I do.

"I see nothing it is the indents in the timelines that cause us to be weary. Get to the house. Now!" They run off to the house and I run to Edwards's car. Hopefully, the pain will be less than what James will inflict.

*Will Crystal change fate and save the girl or will she allow the human to be hunted and killed?

Comment your feelings and thoughts on this chapter.

Get ready for the hunt to begin!