Chapter 38

*At Esme Island*

"Why did you do that? How could you?!" a female voice screams at the male who holds a half-empty vial in his hand. He just inserted the liquid into his wife's mouth and she drank it with no problem.

As she awoke this morning, she wasn't very happy in hearing a heartbeat. She immediately started to ask what happened and when her husband explained, she blew her top.

"Bella, I wasn't ready for this. I want to give you a normal life. When you became a vampire, that was just to satisfy the Volturi but now they will believe you are a vampire which will give you more time in being human." He tries to reason with the angry woman in front of him pulling her hair out.

"Edward, How dare you? I wanted to be a vampire so I don't have to grow old. I wanted to be a vampire so I can be with you for eternity. Now, you just destroyed that. How could you?!" The woman, Bella, screams at her husband, Edward.

"Look it is only for a year. After that, you will return back into a vampire and everything will be back to the way you wanted." Edward pleads at Bella trying to calm her down.

"A year! Argh, I hate you." Bella screeches before walking off.

Edward looks at Bella storming off and pulls his gaze to the half vial in his hand. Guilt for making his wife upset and angry fills him to the brink. Alas, the happiness of doing what he wanted to do overcomes that guilt.

"She will get over it soon. It is only a year, what can happen?" Edward puts the vial on the bedside table before heading out for a hunt.

??? P.O.V

I stay silent watching the couple quarrel. My red eyes gaze at that vial. Such power is in a small glass cylinder. A smirk graces my lips and widens once I see the man place the vial down and leave it out in the open.

My masters will be glad and proud of me. They surely will want me after I give this vial to them. Yes, I will get what I want. An excited shiver runs down my body as I swiftly fly through the open door and grab the vial before flying back home. 

My powers of turning into the wind that has no scent give me just as much as an advantage as Crystal does. Everything will be coming into place as well.

I make it home. Enter the room where my masters are. Their red eyes gaze at me with much expectation and wonder to what I have to give. Oh, I have much to give and my plan is working out beautifully. They will soon be on their knees to please me. With this liquid, I will be the master. The King. The god of vampires.

"Here is the era of your reign, masters." I bow my head as my masters look at the held-out vial that holds the blue liquid. Come on, take the bait.

"Wonderfully done, soon, everything will be as it should and it will be all thanks to Crystal." My masters laugh and grin with greed pooling in their blood eyes. Greed for the power of being a god than a king.

That greed is what will be their downfall as I rise up. No vampire will ever look down on me again. Thank you, Crystal, you have given us the edge we needed and in return, you will be mine instead of those kings of yours.

Crystal P.O.V

"Mia Cara, Oh it is so wonderful to see you!" Aro instantly pulls me in a hug.

"Hey guys, hope it wasn't so boring here without me," I exclaim with a smile on my face. all my worry flies out the window from just seeing my mates alive, immortal and well.

"Jake, glad to have you back." Caius pulls him in a hug which we all widen our eyes at.

The cold king who hates werewolves with a passion is hugging one. I think I have seen everything. They pull away and we return to the hugging and greeting.

"Now, what is wrong?" Aro looks at me with a straight face.

"What?!" I see them looking at Jake and I look at him. He holds worry in his eyes despite the happy smile on his face.

"The second vial has been stolen by Edward Cullen." I gawk at him for just blurting that out.

"Felix, close the door!" I cry as Caius, Aro and Marcus begin to shout in anger.

Felix locks the door and stands in front stopping the kings from running over to the Cullens and killing them. Trapping the rabid mice that will chew your guts out if given the chance.

"How dare he?!"

"We ought to kill him for betraying us!"

"He can use that vial to kill us."

"Quiet!" I shout and shut the three up. They whip their heads at me in alarm. I never screamed at them before but this time it is necessary.

"Can you three calm down? And before you scream at me for telling you to calm down, "I point at Caius who opens his mouth to protest. "Edward is only using the vial to turn Bella back human but because of my clause which he heard, Bella only has one year more to being human before she turns into a vampire again." The kings don't relax.

"What if someone were to steal the vial away from him? Or if he uses half of it, what does it do? the other half can still be used to endanger others." Caius explains in worry.

"If they use half the vial then it is only six months they are human. It is half a year if he uses only half of the vial. Simple logic. The full vial is a year." Jake is the next one to be confused.

"But Rosalie and Emmett drank half the vial!? Does that mean they have half the year too?" J asks which I smirk at.

"Yes, but the years can increase if I add extra time powers to the vial." The kings widen their eyes in surprise.

"You vixen!" Marcus exclaims in shock.

"Hahaha, yep. That is me. Besides, I had enough time to insert more of my power while you Jake went to search for the second and Rosalie and Emmett comes to meet us." I grin and laugh at the expressions I am receiving.

"I bloody love you!" My four mates exclaim in unison.

"I know." I hold my head high in pride.

*Oh, that is quite the trick. But I worry for the future. Who was it that took the vial away from Edward? Who can it be? Not even I know who it is. Do you?

Comment down below and enjoy the story.*=)