Chapter 36

"Thank you, my queen," Bella says as she stands for the first time in vampire form.

I nod and we all head out to say bye to the newlyweds. Rosalie and Emmett are gone packing their things to leave for their human lives. Bella is saying bye to everyone and the vampires notice her vampire transformation.

Renee actually laid Charlie's jacket over Bella's shoulders thinking she is cold when she is only a vampire. Jake chuckled at that enjoying the fussing mother. I notice Edward looking at Bella with an unreadable expression. He should be happy but he seems off. 

"You did a good job, Crystal. Your mother and I are proud." Carlisle tells me, standing at my side looking over to Esme.

"You mean my real mother right?" I know what he was talking about but I still want to hear it from him.

"Yes, she would have been so happy for you. Happy seeing you as the woman you have become and I too am proud." Carlisle hugs me as I begin to get emotional.

Jasper's power of calm falls over me and I mouth 'thank you to him. In return, he winks as he carries the bag to the car. We wave as Bella and Edward leave in the car that will take them to Esme Island.

I bring my hand to my side. I discreetly swirl my fingers in an eternity sign and then flicking the mark to the fading car. The two red lifelines turn gold showing they are now mates. Jake slips his hand over mine comforting me.

"Come along Jake, it is time to return home." Jake heads off with me in his arms and I say bye as well with some vampires bowing their heads in respect but not fully bowing to make the humans suspicious.

"That was frightening and yet enjoyable," Jake says as we walk back to the jet.

"Yeah and-"

"Crystal!" We turn to see Rosalie and Emmett. Emmett is carrying all the bags as Rosalie has her purse and a suitcase.

"We wanted to thank you one last time for giving us this opportunity and we promise not to waste it. Goodbye, my queen." She bows and I nod back as she heads off with Emmett behind her.

"Job here is done and over with. Come along, our mates will want to know how it went." I begin to run off as Jacob shifts and runs after me.

*Back at the Cullen house before Bella became a vampire*

The Cullens look at Emmett and Rosalie in alarm. They have heartbeats!

"Rose, Em, why do you have heartbeats?" Esme asks concerned.

"Crystal has granted them mortality," Edward says with shaded eyes.

"How do you know that? You were listening!?" Rose calls out.

"The queen is quite foolish in trusting everyone." Edward fidgets, placing his hand in his pocket where the cool glass meets his fingers.

"So what!? We wanted this." Rose exclaims getting defensive if they attacked her.

"Rose, it is dangerous. You can die without being able to come back." Alice steps closer to Edward in worry for the girl.

"Alice, I wanted this. Crystal knows that and she has helped me. She is the good big sister." Rose defends her queen without any hesitation.

"Crystal is with the Volturi. They might be doing this to gain more power." Bella is the next to talk but is hushed with the harsh glare Rose sends her.

"Crystal is not a monster." Esme defends her daughter against the human.

"Rose, I am happy for you but this is not possible. It..." Carlisle stutters unsure if this is real or a dream. 

The Cullens never realized what extensions the older sibling has and now they can see, anything with time, the girl is unstoppable. Carlisle is glad for Rose and Emmett but Crystal could have consulted with the rest in case any of them wanted it to.

"Carlisle, please, you know Crystal. She loves us and she knows how much i wanted this." Rose continues to defend Crystal who has given them a second chance.

"Crystal is only trying to use her power to control the world just like the Volturi do. She is no queen to me." Alice says with fire in her eyes.

"Alice?" Rose looks at the girl in front of her.

"Same." Bella and Edward agree. 

Rose shakes her head seeing her own family rejecting a girl with amazing powers. Rose looks at Carlisle, Esme, and Jasper. Carlisle is shaking his head and leaning on the chair to his desk not believing any of the situations.

Esme has concerned in her eyes seeing the family fall apart. In the beginning, she felt Crystal a threat, and here is the proof. Esme without saying anything shifts to stand with Alice.

Everyone looks at Jasper but finds him not where they expect. Instead of being with his wife, Jasper is standing behind Emmett and is leaning on the tall male. 

"Jas, Crystal is not good for us." Alice tries to get her husband to side with them but Jasper glares at them not saying one word.

"She is coming." Carlisle walks to the door letting the Queen in.

The air is thick with tension and the strong vegetarian family is now divided. Rose stands with Jasper and Emmett, shedding some tears for the first time in forever. Sadly, those tears are filled with sadness and betrayal then being happy.

*Awe, i really hoped Esme would stick with Rosalie since those two seemed to have a better relationship in the films but guess not.

Comment your thoughts and feelings.

Enjoy=)*