Chapter 19

Jacob P.O.V.

She is gorgeous. No other words can explain how she looks. It has been years since I have last seen Crystal and now my long-time friend is my imprint. She also is still human which is awesome. At least she isn't like her family, a bloodsucker.

She is way better than Bella in every way. She is polite, gorgeous, strong, wise, and everything that can top off perfection. My feet stay planted on the floor and my mind in heaven during the time I imprinted on her.

"Jake, it is nice to see you again." Her voice makes me want to purr and curl up to listen to it the whole day or even for eternity.

"Yeah, it is. You look amazing after so many years of not seeing each other." Really! That is the best you can say!? It was worth it for that dazzling smile to grace her features. 

"You too, buffed up and love that haircut." I smile at her finally unsticking my feet and walk to sit down at the table with her.

"I am going to leave you two alone." Dad wheels off giving me the look of approval.

Crystal p.o.v.

So, it is now just me and him. The shifter and the powerful vampire who is keeping her immortality a secret and can possibly be the cause of rejection. I bite my lip and wish to the gods this will go well.

"So, um...heard Bella dumped you. Must have bruised that tough heart of yours." He laughs whole heartily which I could have swooned for.

"Um, yeah. Chose your little brother, instead." I nod understanding everything.

"You wanted her to choose a better life than one that cuts the dangerous razor's edge and causes her trouble beyond the realm," I speak like those spectators at theatres.

"Yeah, you have no idea." I smile loving the moment.

"Um, did your dad tell you that he informed me of your little shifter secret?" Jacob's head snaps up, I am surprised he didn't throw it off.

"He told you, why?" he leans in.

"Because...because...um...I actually don't know. Billy!" the elder chief rolls in.

"Yes, dear."

"Why did you tell me your shifter secret?" I inquire.

"Because you can be trusted and you are strong enough to be in the supernatural world more than you know." He wheels away leaving his words hanging in the air.

"Wow, very wise," Jacob says. Not sure if it was directed to me or only for him to hear.

"Hm, yeah wise and very true," I say with hidden thoughts about my immortal self that I hide.

"Crystal, you look nervous. You alright?" Jacob looks at me with concern.

"Yeah, I am fine. Just wondering if the reason you froze before is that you found me as your imprint." I speak very slowly and tuck my head in like a turtle afraid of his reactions.

"Yeah it is and I am not disappointed. You are everything that is beyond perfection." I chuckle at the statement.

"Very poetic. Also, this means you shifted." He nods and stands up.

I watch him walk around the table to my right. He reaches for my hand with his. I look into his brown eyes and grab his hand trusting him. He pulls me up on my feet and pulls me out the door. 

We walk a bit away from the house and near the entrance of the woods. He lets go as we make it to the edge. He walks a few steps away and begins to strip. The only thing he leaves on is underwear.

I lick my lips and glance away for a moment. The rippling muscles and lean waist twisting as he raises his arms and turns his torso around, nearly makes me faint for how hot and sexy he is. That is just his back, I bet I will drool and get a nosebleed if I see the front.

He turns as a small smoke rises off his form. Skin burning slightly red then he jerks to the side. A giant brown wolf drops on his front paws after shifting. He is only two to three inches taller than me but he makes up for it by lying down on his stomach.

I walk slowly to him, not sure if it is the wolf that has control or if it is just the form the wolf appears. I gaze into the wolf's eyes and see it is the same brown color as Jacob's orbs. It is him. But as a giant warm furry protector.

I reach forward and weave my fingers in his long and soft fur. He purrs closing his eyes and tilting his head to the side to allow me to immerse my hand in his fur. I get real close that my body is flush with his.

He allows me to pet him and stay in his position I bet to not scare me with sudden movements. I lie on the ground near his pelt and lean against his warm stomach. He curls around me and lays his massive head next to my legs that are stretched out in front of me.

"You are so warm." He purrs in response since he can't speak in his wolf form.

"I am sure, you then know the rest of my family are vampires. Vegetarian vampires." He grunts in response listening to me.

"Jake...I..." I don't know if this will be the best decision I will make but life is full of mistakes. I fear this will be one of them.

"Jake, perhaps you should change back to human so I can tell you this without fearing for my life." He gets up and goes to change back.

I stand up ready to bolt off if this goes south. Jacob's bare upper body and nice pair of beige shorts on his hips come out of the bushes. I bite my lip once more doubting everything at this moment.

"Crystal, you can tell me anything. I won't hurt you, promise." He comes forward and pulls me in his arms, warm and alive.

"..."I open my mouth to say the words that could be easier to say if I was at the border.

Instead, I allow the shield to fall as one tear falls down my cheek. 

*Oh come on, this is literally hanging me by the tailbone. What is his reaction? Does he reject her or what?

Comment your thoughts and feelings on this chapter. 

The reveal is in the next chapter. enjoy=)*