Chapter 12

"I wonder if...  let us see if she's immune to all our powers." Aro gestures to a young blonde girl standing at the side of the stairs leading to the thrones. "Shall we, Jane?" the girl turns to look at Bella.

"No." Edward gets in front of Bella.

"Pain." Edward gets thrust with a skin-rippling wave of pain.

"Stop." Bella begins to shout and scream. I on the other hand just look at the scene. Edward deserves this punishment. Simple revenge with a lovely and sweet girl who has killer power.

"Stop. Please. Stop." Bella moves to Edward's aid but Alec moves to hold her down.

"Stop. Just stop hurting him. Please. Please." Bella continues to plead. Alice is on the floor near her brother trying to help him. 

"Crystal please," Bella calls to the girl who is doing nothing to save Edward.

I look down at Edward then at Bella and then at the kings. They look at me expecting me to do something. I look at Jane who is beginning to smirk at the influence she has on my young brother. 

"Jane..." the girl glances at me for a moment. "You can stop now." Jane stops her influence on the Cullen boy at the command of her queen.

"My Queen." I try not to make my cringe be seen.

Edward gasps and breathes the unnecessary air to gain back his sense from that audacious torture. Edward at one point doubted if Crystal was going to stop Jane. After all, it is what he deserves for going against her rules on time.

"Go ahead. my dear." Aro gestures to Jane. His eyes were still mesmerized by his mate and her power.

"This may hurt just a little," Jane warns the girl since the human has yet to experience her power. Bella nods and Jane begins to inflict her power on the human. 

Another moment passes with Jane trying to inflict pain on Bella but no effect seems to pass. I glance at Bella's timeline and look into her power. A mental shield, powerful if it is on charge when human. How annoying.

Aro's girly laugh pulls us all out of our own heads and with his clap pulls Jane to stop her power.

"Remarkable. She confounds us all. So what to do with you now?" Aro asks himself.

"You already know what you're going to do, Aro." Marcus' soft yet strong voice finally speaks out.

"She knows too much. She's a liability." Caius' voice is the next to speak.

In this situation, I find aro is the puppet while the two other brothers are the puppet masters controlling his actions and decisions. Or it could just be me who sees it. Either way, their rules are very clear and need to be followed.

"Hmm. That's true." Aro looks sad about the girl. "Felix?" the decision has been made.

Alec turns Bella around and the giant man begins to charge. "No." Edward rushes to Bella flipping her behind him.

The two now begin to fight. Alice rushes to help but Dimitri restrains her with a hand to her throat. I on the other hand watch in slow-motion how the two fight. Felix throws Edward in the air and moves to push Edward down by the throat. 

Cracks appear on the marble and I think on his head as well. Edward's blood weak and dazed from the blow, lay there paralyzed. Felix straightens up and moves to Bella. Edward super healing finishes cleaning his wounds and then Edward slams into Felix knocking him away from his blood singer.

Felix grabs Edward by the waist and throws him like a frisbee over to a marble bench. The opposite bench that I am sitting on. Felix speeds over and punches through the bench like it is cardboard and grabs Edward's throat. He pulls him up in the air.