Chapter 9

When I reach the car that is speeding along the wet muddy road, Edward is explaining to Bella what is happening. I silently slip in the back and keep myself alert.

"I should have listened to Crystal. she warned me when she cut in front of me before not to react. she fucking told me what not to do and I didn't listen. I am so sorry, sister." Edward whines slightly and blames himself.

"You should learn faster than the way you run young brother." Bella and Edward gasp at my voice behind them.

"So sorry, cry-"

"Don't say my name. Do you think he won't be listening? Till James is dead, you mustn't say my name. If he gets wind then he can be hunting me." Edward shuts his lips tight and focuses on the road ahead.

"We have to get to my house. My dad is there."

"I need to get you out of here first."

"I need to make sure my dad is alright. Let me pack, and leave..." I roll my eyes at the drama but I understand where she is coming from.

"Edward, best listen to your blood bag. Best Charlie believes Bella is going away to keep James from killing him." Edward grunts and grits his teeth turning the wheel slightly in order to head to Bella's home.

Bella heads inside and plays the part of breaking up with Edward leaving the boy at the door. Hopefully, the door hit his nose as he deserves it. The two head to Bella's room and get what they want and need.

We soon drive off to our house in the garage. Edward asks for Rosalie to wear Bella's clothes. She protested but with a nudge from me she agrees.

"Thank you." Edward looks into my blue eyes.

I don't say anything to him and just look up at him with mixed emotions. I bet he can read them more than Jasper can and he looks away with strained sadness. I know he feels guilty about this but there is always a limit to what I can do with time.

"Can you teleport us?" Alice asks as I get in the car with her, Jasper, and Bella.

"Later, right now, we have to have James track Edward and Rosalie, and then perhaps halfway through I can get us elsewhere." they nod and Bella unconsciously grips my hand.

I allow her to do what she wants for the time being and the scene is set. James has gone and we are on the road heading off. When we get to the forest close to the cliffs, my blue eyes glow as I grip one hand on the car.

A portal opens big enough for the car and we enter another place. We stop at a motel and we enter. Alice checks us in and I pull Bella upstairs in the room where Jasper places down our bags. I slip my hand out of Bella's grip and waves my hand to the side in front of me.

"James is following through with the plan." A gold indent pops out of the red timeline and I tap it.

"Alice," Jasper whispers her name. I look and see she is having a vision. A vision of the ballet studio where Bell will be tricked into going.

"My ballet studio?"

"You've been here?"

"Yeah, I took Ballet when I was younger."

"You got any reason to go there?"

"No." Alice relaxes but is still confused. Hmm, maybe it isn't James' timeline I should look into. I wave my hand once more allowing Bella's timeline to appear.

The gold indent is turning into the timeline blue color. Bella's phone rings just at the exact moment. Damn, he figured it out and is now playing his game. Bella walks off to answer the call and Alice with Jasper head downstairs to get food for her.