Chapter 44

Fire.

Flames licking everything around me.

the same female voice laughing in my ears.

"You think they love you? How sweet and naive you can be. Coem my daughter, you are weak and the only reason they tell you they love you is to keep you near for the power you have." Soft slim hands run along my jaw.

"They aren't like us. Weak and greedy. Best let them believe you love them but they know you hate them." my mates appear looking down at me sleeping.

Jake is telling them something which I cannot hear. Two hands land on my shoulder and breath fans my right ear.

"Jacob is telling them of you being weak. How you refuse to trust because you saw the greed of power from Aro. They trust you but you don't trust them." That same familiar voice speaks like a serpent from hell.

"She says she trusts us and loves us but we still have things that are unknown to us." Aro says looking at me with sadness.

"Your secrets are pushing them away. It is all your fault." The serpent speaks in the other ear and my heart begins to tighten. The voice in one way is right but the secrets are to keep them safe.

"I am trying to keep them safe." I whimper.

"And yet they don't know that and feel your distrust to them."

"I do trust them."

"No you don't."

"I do."

"No."

"Yes!" I cry out as tears begin to fall. I need to get out of this dream, away from this woman.

"You are the reason of being alone with your distrust. You don't love them." 

GET. OUT. OF. MY. HEAD!!!

I wake up and look at my mates. They are discussing my fears.

"She was driven with fear of all the things humans would do if she were to be discovered, she was even afraid of you guys." The three old kings pull their heads back in shock.

"She was!?" I cannot deny them the truth.

"I was." I finally speak.

They look at me in shock. Aro holds more than shock in his eyes, he has disappointment and sadness of not trusting them. Caius has hardened his expression and stopped painting me asleep. Marcus looks like he has lost his wife all over again, perhaps he has but this time he has lost his mate. Me.

Before long, everyone has gone and it was all because of me. It is my fault, I made these mistakes and now I am alone. I should have feared being alone and not being discovered. Oh, my mates, I am sorry.

"I'm sorry." I whisper to the air around me.

I gasp as a vision takes over, Bella pale as a corpse, a bulging stomach with a strange heartbeat and thirst for blood, Edward hating himself. I flop forward as sweat rolls down my face. Bella is pregnant. 

I grunt as a brown laced with gold hits my right side. I look over and see Jacob going to visit his father and soon finding out about Bella prgnancy. Jacob is leaving. No!

I throw off the covers, speed through the room and get dressed before heading to find Jake. I go through the whole house and notice nobody is inside. The forest. I run past the stepping stones of the river and through the forest to the shore.

There stood my three mates watching a jet take off. No, Jake!

"Crystal!?" Marcus is the first to see me and the other two tense but don't turn around.

"Guys, where did Jake head to?" I ask them, pratically begging. Jake being with Bella fills my mind and my mate instincts growl at the match.

"Why do you care?" Aro growls and I stop panting to look at him properly.

"Becuase I saw a vision of him going to Bella. Things are happening and I have to go and save him from getting hurt." I explain frantically, Bella cannot be trusted, she will turn Jacob agaisnt me.

"Sure you did. You can't even trust Jacob in taking care of himself" Cauis scoffs and walks toward the woods.

"I know he can take care of himself but Bella, is trouble, she will try to take him away from us."

"You mean away from you because you want control over us." I look at Aro and Cauis like they grew three heads.

"What are you talking about? Jake cannot be left alone with Bella!" my possessive instincts are taking hold.

"So go, go control Jacob and keep us here alone like you have been doing the moment you met us, you have left us in the dark about everything. When you were planning on turning Emmett and Rosalie, you never told us. When you were bringing Jake to join us, you never told us. You never trusted us enough to tell us ANYTHING!" Aro turns around and screams at me. 

I feel the bond cracking between us and I don't have to have Marcus powers to see the gold is changing and dimming in color. All thoughts of Jacob going to see Bella goes to the back of my mind as I focus on my other mates.

I look over to Caius and Marcus and even they too have their eyebrows drawn in anger and betrayal. I am causing this whole mate bond to break because I can't ever for the life of me trust them to say the truth. the whole situation without being cryptic.

"Aro is correct, Crystal." My heart begins to crack when Marcus used my name instead of mia cara or love. "We have been here supporting you but when it comes to where you go or what you do, you never told us. You told us to trust you and we did but you never gave any trust in us." My body begins to tremble as the situation unravels before me.

"Even now, you are keeping the whole truth from us concerning Jake. Have you ever thought maybe we care too to know what is wrong with Jake going to see his family?" Caius asks me with betrayal and sadness shining in his eyes.

I hurt them, I left them in the dark, and still cannot tell them anything. I gulp away the tears, hating what I have done but time is dear and I need to stop this. They will understand, I hope.

"I...I am sorry." With a heavy heart, I transport to where Jacob is. 

*Oh my god, why!? WHY!? How can you do that?

Comment on your thoughts and feelings about this chapter.

More to come, enjoy=)*