The Truth Tend Hurt

Harry POV
Percy went out to fight and Ron and Hermione went to try to kill the snake. I went upstairs to Dumbledore's study alone. I opened the bottle stopper and poured the memory into the large basin. The water shimmer and I plunged in.

-Memory-
I fell onto the green grass. In front of me was my father, Remus, Sirius, and Peter. Lupin sat quietly, reading a book while James laughed at Snape. The image blurred and I fell face first onto a cold, rocky ground. I got up, repaired my glasses and looked up.

In front of me was Dumbledore and Snape. They were saying talking. It went something like this:

"Please. You've got to help me." Snape begged.
"Why can you not beg to the Dark Lord for the mercy of the mother in exchange for the lives of the father and the child?" Dumbledore asked.
"I did."
"You disgust me." Dumbledore said in a cold voice.
"W-what?"
"You care only for the mother. What will happen to her if the child and the father died? I will help you hide them though."
"T-thank you-"
"And what will you give me in return?" Dumbledore asked.

Snape looks surprised. He had clearly not thought that Dumbledore would him of something.

"Anything. I'll do anything for you." Snape decided.

The image blurred again and this time, I found myself in the study of Dumbledore. I front of me was an angry Snape.

"You said you would hide them!" Snape shouted angrily.
"They trusted the wrong person." Dumbledore sympathized.

The image went slack and I felt myself falling. Only this time, I felt my life drain out of me.

"The boy has to die." Dumbledore said. I felt my blood stop. I listened on. "Voldemort unwillingly and unknowingly placed a piece of his soul into the boy that night when he tried to kill him." Dumbledore continued.
"So you raised him like a pig for slaughter?" Snape asked. "I do not care for the boy, but if he dies, I will never see Lily's eyes again.
"Have you not cared boy at all?" Dumbledore looked up.
"IT WAS NEVER ABOUT HIM! EXPECTO PATRONUM!" Snape roared. A silver doe danced gracefully across the room as my mother's had.
"All this time?" Dumbledore asked.
"All this time." Snape replied quietly.

-Memory End-

        I felt as if my mind was blank. I turned slowly around to face the portrait of Dumbledore.

He wasn't in his frame.

What good is it, I thought, to keep me here? After all the sacrifices, I am supposed to die anyways? When I came across that thought, I already had my cloak on. It felt as if I was riding my body. My body went on autopilot, carrying me down the stairs.

I could see Ron and Hermione discussing a plan in a corner. I saw Percy fighting like a demon, slowly stopping as no more wizard came to him to seek a fight. I saw Ginny comforting a young witch. I wanted so badly, just to go and tell her where I'm going, what I'm about to do. I wanted to kiss her one last time.

Just one more time.