"Mat, asaan ka na? Hinahanap ka na ni Tita," bungad niya.

"I'm with Jacob."

"Nagrarace na naman kayo nuh! Hindi---" hindi ko siya pinatapos at agad pinatay ang tawag.

"Who's that? Is that Klea?" seryoso niyang sabi kaya tamad ulit akong tumango.

"I have a question,"

I raised my eyebrow.

"About what?"

"About Klea."

Tumitig ako sa kan'ya, mukhang alam ko na ang gusto niyang sabihin.

"Do you like her?"

"Why did you ask?"

"Because I like her."

Hindi na ako nagulat sa sinabi niya.

"But she seems to like me."

"Fuck you!" Sabay kwelyo sa akin.

What's wrong with that? I am telling the truth. I know that Klea has feelings for me, and I admit that I once fell in love with her when I had nothing to lean on and she was the only one there for me, but I restrained myself because I love someone else and I don't want to ruin our friendship. Because I know Jacob obviously loves her, I distanced myself from Klea so she could see that Jacob loves her.

"I like he---" hindi niya ako pinatapos at agad na sumingit.

"I'l do everything to make her mine. Remember that."

At tinulak ako.

I bite my lips because he didn't let me finish speaking. I was supposed to say that I don't have feelings for Klea, I like her as my friend and no other than that.

Until one day, he said how he felt about Klea and I didn't think our friendship would end there. He can't accept that Klea chose me over him. I had no time to explain everything to him because he returned to the Philippines at that time and I never contacted him again. I just found out that he stopped joining in racing.

"Mateo, naintindihan mo ba?"

Kaagad kung pinatay ang cellphone ko bago nag angat ng tingin.

"Kanina pa ako nagsasalita dito hindi ka pala nakikinig! Ano bang meron diyan sa cellphone mo at kanina ka pa nakatitig diyan?! Ang sabi ko sa bahay ka tumira at hindi sa Condo mo! Understood?"

We are now in the Philippines and on our way home after more than 10 years of not visiting our home in Cagayan. He finally allowed me to come here to study, and she'll be back in Canada by next week.

"Mom, I already told you that I prefer to stay at my condo rather than at our house."

"But Mateo, wala kang kasama doon sa Condo mo! Sa bahay ay maasikaso ka pa nila Manang Sella."

"I am not kid anymore Mom, I can handle myself okay?"

I heard Mom sighed.

"Mateo tandaan mo 'to, pinayagan kitang pag aralin dito dahil nangako ka sa akin na titigil ka na sa racing. Kaya please stop joining."

"Yeah."

And closed my eyes.

But there is another reason why I am here. I want to see her.

The next day, ay tamad kung pinark ang sasakyan ko sa parking lot at napahinga ng malalim nang makita ang mga babaeng hinihintay ang paglabas ko.

Damn, Can't they just give me some privacy?!