87.

"What the fuck were you thinking?!" Mason yelled in my face. I didn't do anything wrong, I just protected him as I fucking should. Well maybe I shouldn't have thrown those things at him but he got what he deserved no matter what.

"He hurt you!" I yelled back. Why was he mad at me? He's acting so fucking idiotic right now.

"Now he hurt you as well!" He said and looked at my arm while pointing at it. I looked and saw the red mark that was probably going to become a bruise in a few days. I took a deep breath and closed my eyes for a few seconds.

"Leave, I'm not joking around anymore." Mason told me. I shook my head as no. I didn't want to, I had just messed his whole relationship up with his father and if he went back, it wouldn't be any safe for him.

"Where are you supposed to go now? You can't go back now." I said and put my hand on his cheek. He pushed it away and scoffed in an angry way. He was really mad at me for protecting him? I can't believe this guy.

"Who's fault was that?" Mason answered. It was my fault and I was aware of it. He made it seem like his father was a good person, not even close. He has two children with his wife but also proceeds to cheat on her whenever he wants to and he even lets his kids see him touch other women. Not only that but he also abuses his son, which I never understood. What did Mason ever do to him?

How could someone hate their own son so much? If my future husband ever did that, I would leave him the second I could.

"Mason—"

"No, I'm begging you Veronica, don't come back." He was almost whispering. I took a few steps away from him and nodded to myself. And then I walked away. I decided that Mason was a closed chapter from now on and that I had to move on no matter what. My head thought so, but did my heart?

It didn't really matter anymore. Not to me, not to him, not to anyone. It was never meant to be and I'm beginning to realize that.

So I texted Thomas and told him that I wanted to go on that date anyways. He was very happy about that and so was I. I spent so much time to get ready and look good, who knows, he might be my future husband so I have to look good if he is going to tell our future children how I looked on our first date together.

I didn't know where we were going but I was wishing to myself that it wasn't something special or anything like that. Maybe something less romantic? I knew it was a date and all but I just wanted something more casual instead of those dramatic ones with so much action.

Don't think of it, Veronica. Don't think of the first date between the two of you. Oh fuck that. I was going to go out with Thomas and that was just how things would go no matter who tried stopping me.

Thomas told me to meet him at his house so we could leave together. He took me to a cinema which was fine because I enjoyed the movie. And then we made out afterward. I don't think I've been on a weirder date before. Maybe because it wasn't Mason? Well, that was the good thing about Thomas. That he wasn't Mason.

I didn't even want to give the details because of how boring it was. It was nice that it wasn't something with butterflies or maybe anything like what Mason took me out to. Boring felt nice for once. If I could just settle everything down with Thomas and forget about Mason, I would live the best life ever.

I went from sad to angry. Then he went from sexy to mad. Maybe that's the same thing but it doesn't matter. I should stop thinking about him, he's dumb and annoying and dumb and annoying and... oh my god.

When the movie was over, Thomas put his jacket around me and asked,
"Do you want me to follow you home?"

What do I answer to that? No, I don't want to talk more with you, it has been boring enough. But I don't want to get kidnapped either. Jesus Christ. I hate when I have to force myself to say yes, especially in situations like these when I don't have any better choice. I know I was very interested in Thomas first but now the only thing that can pop up in my mind is my annoying fucking ex. Not to forget that he's also very very dumb.

And very very sexy.

And Veronica you should shut the fuck up.

"Veronica?" Thomas made me snap out of my thoughts. I sighed and nodded while forcing a smile and taking his hand. He followed me home and we said our goodbyes with a make out session once again. He was good at kissing but no one could compare with Mason. Ew, shut up Veronica. It was seriously late and I didn't know if someone was awake.

Mom was in the kitchen while eating some food. I hugged her from behind and scared the shit out of her. She flinched and got mad at me for not saying anything and I couldn't help but laugh at her.
"Be quiet, the kids are sleeping." She whispered and hugged me back for real this time.

"Alright." I said and sat on the chair across from her. I crossed my legs nervously and took a deep breath.

"I did something very stupid." I told her. Mom looked more nervous than I did now.
"Oh no, please don't tell me your pregnant. I'm not ready to be a grandmother yet!" She panicked, I started laughing again but shook my head at her while doing so.

"I kinda threw books and a vase at Mason's father." I told her. Mom gasped at me as she slapped my hand.

"Veronica Williams! Why in the hell would you do that?!" She yelled at me. I sighed and rolled my eyes at her.

"Be quiet, the kids are sleeping." I told her the exact same thing that she told me. Mom sighed as she desperately waited for me to tell her what was going on.

"He's abusive and I couldn't stand seeing Mason's face when I asked who did it to him. He doesn't deserve it. But he told me to leave and not come back and now I'm pretty positive that he hates me." I said to her but very fast, I wasn't sure if she was able to keep up with the words I was saying.

"Honey, I didn't raise you to upset abusive men. He could have hurt you." She said and took my hand while holding it in her own hands.

"You didn't raise me to shut up whenever I know things aren't right either." I snapped back. I could care less about getting hurt, the only thing I cared about was him. It's always been him.
____________________________

Hii! How was your day? Tell me all about it, I'd love to hear it. Remember that I love you and couldn't thank you more for all of the support I've gotten with help from you!

I love you very very very much.

Did you enjoy this chapter? I definitely did but I don't know about you! If you liked it please vote.

OH AND SINCE IM SO HAPPY ABOUT IT, I added my crushes Instagram and he instantly followed me back and like five minutes later he added my Snapchat, HOW EXCITING IS THAT?!

Anyways, thank you so much for reading!(:<33