10.

Things had gone surprisingly well, I hung out with Kayla and Tyler sometimes. I also learned to spend a lot of time with my brother.

Hayes and I shared our first kiss on the date he invited me out on, it was really great.

My mom was finally coming back today, which I was so excited about. I hadn't seen her in such long time, finally getting to see her felt good.

"Do you want these then?" Hayes pointed at the blueberries. I shook my head.

"I need those strawberries, they are the only thing that matches to the gifts." I sighed, looking around the store.

"Okay, let's go to another store then." He suggested.

"I need to get one more thing." I said, walking away from him and going to the make-up section. The lipgloss wasn't there, I sighed.

This really wasn't my day.

I looked to the right and saw Mason with the girl he didn't call his girlfriend. She sure called him her boyfriend.

Mason looked straight back at me.

"Did you find it?" Hayes asked, I flinched in shock.

"No, they didn't even have the lip gloss." I sighed. He kissed me as I kissed him back, knowing that Mason was watching.

"Let's go." I said, putting his arm around my waist. As we left the store and went back to my house. I was pretty sure Vincent wasn't home yet, or that was what I was hoping.

I took his hand and lead him to my room, making him sit on my bed. I sat on his lap and kissed him.

"Do you have plans tomorrow?" I asked, feeling his hands on my ass.

"Yeah I'm going to my uncle's house, I'm probably staying there the whole day." Hayes explained to me, I nodded.

"I actually have to ask you something." He sounded so suspicious, it made me incredibly nervous.

"Would you like to be my girlfriend?"

I smiled.
"Of course I would!" I said, kissing him again.

We spent the rest of the day together, well not until Vinnie texted me.

Vincent : I'm driving to the airport now, if you want to come.

Hayes left the house quickly.

I took my jacket and went out in the parking lot, finding his car and sitting inside. We lived a long way away from the airport so it took a lot
of time to get there.

"Do you think she's excited to see us?" I asked, he shook his head.

"She's not at work all the time." He mumbled, I looked over at him very confused.

"Where the fuck does she go then?" I asked, Vincent bit his lip.

"She got a little boyfriend." He laughed out sarcastically. I knew it hurt for him to know. Knowing that she didn't even bother being with her kids, but she wanted to travel away just to be with another man.

"Went through her followers on Facebook, saw him post a big amount of pictures with her." Vinnie explained. That was the reason she kept disappearing?

"Guess what, he also has kids."

My stomach sank, hearing those words come out of Vincent's mouth really hurt. You could clearly tell that he was very upset about it too.

"When we meet her, don't say a thing about it. Let's give her a chance to tell us herself." He told me, I nodded as I looked out of the window.

She had been away for weeks, just to be around her new boyfriend and new step-children? She really didn't give a shit about us, and it really showed. I was so upset, words couldn't even explain it.

But Vincent was right, it was actually a very clever strategy. My brother was actually very clever, but because of his attitude, many people seem forget it.

We both stepped out of the car and walked into the airport, waiting for her to step out. Vinnie's arm was around my neck, making me know that it was okay.

My brother was more of a parent to me, more than my mom or dad had ever been. He always took care of me, no matter what position he was in himself.

"My babies!" Mom yelled, walking over to us and giving Vincent the biggest hug.

"It's like you grow bigger and bigger every day." She laughed out, he fake-laughed with her. She turned to me and put her hand on my cheek.

"It's good to see you." Was all she said, I felt so disappointed. Her reaction was so different from what her reaction was to Vinnie.

He immediately looked over at me and mouthed 'fuck her' to me. I smiled and tried keeping the laugh inside myself.

She took her suitcase as we started leaving the airport, getting in the car away. She continued complimenting Vincent, the whole car ride home.

She didn't bother saying a single word to me.

"Veronica?" She said, I looked at her, hoping that she would finally say something to me.

"Can you hold my purse for me?" She asked, putting her purse on my lap. That was all I got, what a waste of energy.

When we got home, the first thing I did was going in my room. Just locking the door so none of them would come in here. Freddie jumped up on my bed.

I petted him the way he loved it, that made me think of something. Mom doesn't know that I bought a cat, the best way to piss her off.

I left my room with his cat food bowel. Going in to the kitchen and making a lot of noise.
"Veronica! What are you doing?" Mom yelled, I smiled.

"I can't find the cat food, oh I found it! My apologies." I smirked, she didn't say anything for a minute.

"Excuse me? Did you just say cat?" She shouted, I grabbed Freddie and took him with me in the living room.

"Why would you buy a cat!?" She screamed, I started touching his fur with a smile on my face.

"You get quite lonely here. Stop screaming, you're scaring him." I whispered, she looked at me like I was crazy.

"Get out of my sight, now!" Mom whispered, I laughed as I went back to my room with Freddie in my hands.

"She's a real bitch, I know." I whispered in his ears.
_______________________________

Hey everyone! I hope you had a great day. This chapter showed a lot of favouritism which I experienced a lot of. That's why I thought it would be important to add in.

There's going to be a lot of drama in the next chapter so get ready for that!

As you know, I forgot my tiktok password lol. I made a new one, it's in the previous chapter.

Thank you for 105 reads on the first chapter!! And thank you for all the love I've received lately, I love y'all <33