18.

"It was lovely having you here for dinner." Mrs Miller said, giving me the last hug.

"Thank you for letting me come." I smiled.

"Always." She said, nodding. I started walking away from their house, feeling like throwing up. That whole argument shook me up, not in a good way. The way they talked to each other, it wasn't the first time.

And he talked about bruises? I believe his father is abusive when it comes to him, I've never seen Kayla act like he does.

I went home and met my mother, it looked like she had been waiting for me to come home.
"Where have you been?" She asked me, I shrugged.

"At Kayla's place, we were having dinner." Was all I said, going into my room. Mom continued standing at my door.
"I was worried about you." She said, my brows raised.

"You were, really?" I asked, confused if she was joking.

"You're my daughter, of course I was worried." Mom told me.

"Things are just usually about Vincent."

"Mhm. I'm leaving tomorrow for work again."

You gotta be fucking kidding me. She hadn't said a single thing about her new family, I couldn't believe it. I was wondering what my brother was going to do.

"Close the door behind you." I told her, she got up and closed the door as I told her to. Vinnie wasn't home at the moment so I just texted him.

Me : Mom is leaving tomorrow for work.

Vincent : I'll take care of it, don't worry.

I turned my phone off as it went off again, this time it was out group chat, with Tyler and Kayla.

Ty : Mrs smith just told me that new students are arriving to the school tomorrow, I wonder if they are hot.

Kayla : You better be joking or I'll strangle you to death. Anyways, it's the Harris family.

Ty : I was joking -_-

Me : Your father works with them, right?

Kayla : Yeah, the owner has three kids. I'm pretty sure there's two girls and one boy.

Kayla : Oh and Tyler, you better be.

What a couple of dumbasses. I put my phone to the side as I decided to make cupcakes, getting everything ready in the kitchen.

I love baking, but because of school, I often forgot to spend some time with myself. I put the cupcakes in the oven as I waited for them to bake.

Waiting was boring, so I got into my room and took my phone, going back to the kitchen with it.

Mason had sent a video, the video of us making out at the party. I started struggling with breathing, it felt like I'd never had air in my lungs before. Tears started forming in my eyes, the phone falling out of my hand as I crumbled down on the floor while sobbing.

"Veronica! What did you just drop?" Mom yelled from the living room, I tried grabbing something so I could get up but my hands were shaking too much. Mom didn't get any answer, so she came into the kitchen and saw me completely crushed on the floor.

"Veronica? What is going on?" She asked, kneeling down to look at me.

"Mom— I can't— you just— I can't—" I repeated myself over and over, still continuing to cry. I couldn't even talk normally, I sounded completely mental.

"Oh love, I recognize that. You're having an anxiety attack." Mom said, sitting down beside me as she hugged me from the side.

"Focus on your breathing, baby focus on your breathing, okay?" She repeatedly told me, I nodded and put my hands onto her hands.

"Take a deep breath with me." Mom said, hearing her take a deep breath as I tried doing the same. I felt like I was going to die.

We continued taking deep breaths together, until my breathing started sounding more and more normal. Mom ran her fingers through my hair while holding me on the floor.

"Let me make some tea and get those cupcakes out, and then we will talk about what caused this." She said, helping me get up. She walked me to the living room and went back to the kitchen to start making the tea.

She came back with two cups, handing me one of them.
"I know I have been a little hard on you, it's because we are so similar. That doesn't excuse the way that I have acted and I promise you it will change." She whispered, I nodded and wiped the dry tears away.

"Come on, tell me what caused this." Mom said, rubbing my arm slowly.

"It's on my phone, I think it's still in the kitchen." I said, pointing at the kitchen floor. She instantly got up and walked to the kitchen while taking my phone.

Mom came back and handed me the phone, I unlocked it and showed her the video.
"I don't see what's wrong with this, you're just having some fun with a boy, right?"

"That boy is Kayla's brother." I explained, mom nodded as she put the phone away.

"I feel like I'm betraying her, and I know that I am, but I just don't know how to stop everything with Mason."

"Or do you not want to stop things with him?" Mom questioned, I shrugged.

"I don't know, I can't figure myself out." I told her.

"Mason? Wasn't that your brother's old best friend as well?" She asked, I nodded.

"Which makes it even harder, he beat Vincent up and now they hate each other. So if I tell Vinnie and Kayla, they both will hate me." I explained, she shook her head.

"If Kayla is your real best friend, she would understand that you wanted to be with her brother, and your brother would never hate you, his love for you is too strong." Mom looked me in the eyes with full seriousness.

"Thank you, mom." I said, while hugging her.

"No worries, baby."

_____________________________

heyyyy!

If you're wondering how all the characters look, I put pictures on the first chapter. If you don't like what I chose, you can of course choose someone else for yourself.

Also remember, everyone has different anxiety attacks. Mostly mine happens like this, so that's why I tried putting it in here.

Thank you very much for reading!

I love you very much (:

Remember to vote, hottie<3