71.

It was like something was glowing in Mason's eyes when he looked at her, it didn't look like that to me.

"Who is she? Your little sister?" Alice asked Mason. I scoffed and waited for Mason to answer, I was so scared that he was going to lie about who I am.

"No, she's my girlfriend." Mason told her. I was so relieved, I felt so calm when he put his arm around my waist and pulled me closer to him.

"Ah, alright! She just looks very small compared to you." Alice said with a forcing smile. Sorry I can't be a fucking giraffe like you, whore.

"Why are you here and when are you leaving?" I asked. She didn't look very happy when I asked, when I looked over at Mason he almost looked angry.

"I'm just back in town to meet my old friends and stuff. I was actually going to ask if Mason wanted to come with me to get some dinner." Alice told me, I looked at Mason and cleared my throat.

"Is that something you want to attend, babe?" I never called him babe, only if I was mad or pissed, which happened often. Mason bit his bottom lip and cleared his throat in a nervous way.

"Sure, sure. That sounds fun." He said with a nod. I couldn't really limit who he could hang out with, mostly because he always hung out with me.

"Great! If you give me your phone I could give you my number." She smiled at him. Mason took his phone and handed it to her. After a few seconds she gave it back to him and waved at us.

"Well! I'll see you at dinner then!" She said, I slammed the door behind her.

"I'll see you at dinner tonight." I mocked her voice and walked away from Mason.

"Are you mad at me?" He followed me and asked, I sighed and shook my head.

"No, no I'm not. You can hang out with whoever you want to." I said.

"Even Alice?" Mason asked.

"Even Alice."

I heard him scoff. Wasn't this what he wanted? What was the problem with me letting him do it then? You could never really satisfy that boy.

"Are you sure?" He asked again.

"Completely sure." I answered. I walked upstairs and took my stuff, I didn't even bother telling him that I was leaving.
"Where are you going?" Mason questioned.

"Home." I told him.

"Why?"

"Mom says that dinner is ready." I explained.

"You can just eat dinner here." He suggested, I slowly shook my head and forced a smile.

"It's... family dinner. It's very important to Kenneth." I lied. Mason nodded and wrapped his arms around me, I didn't hug back. I didn't feel like I could. He pulled away and kissed me, again, I wasn't able to kiss back.

"Are you okay?" He asked, looking into my eyes. I nodded and took a deep breath.

"I just know how much the dinner means to him, so I should get going." I said as I pushed him away and walked out of his room.

"Do you want me to come with you?"

"Nope, I got it." I told him and walked down the stairs. I could hear his footsteps from behind me, which made me so fucking nervous.

"You're mad at me." He said. Ah! You finally have the common sense to think so. I shook my head and continued walking down the stairs.

"I don't have to hang out with Alice if you don't want me to!" Mason grabbed my arm, that made me stop walking.

"It's almost like you're begging me to say no." I said, his expression softened. I scoffed and removed his hand from my arm and walked to the front door.

"Is it because you're scared?" I turned around to look at him while asking.

"Scared of what." Mason's tone started sounding more offensive than before.

"You're scared of going to the dinner and get to know her, then falling for her all over again." I explained. He scoffed and rolled his eyes at me.

"Is that really what you think?"

"I never said that, I simply just asked if that was what you were thinking."

"If I still had feelings for Alice I wouldn't be standing here with you right now." He said.

"Why are you standing here with me right now?" I tilted my head and waited for an answer. He shrugged and didn't answer. He didn't answer. He didn't answer.

He wasn't even aware of it himself.

"Tell Alice I said hi." I said as I unlocked the door and walked out, slamming it behind me. I felt completely disappointed and confused about everything. I walked home and laid down on bed.

Mom opened the door to our room and stuck her head out to look at me.
"Did you talk with Mason?"

I nodded.

"Is he coming?"

I nodded.

"Great! Now get your ass out of bed, dinner is ready." Mom pointed at me and then closed the door after her. I got up and wondered where Annie and Devon were, I hadn't seen them for a very long time. Or I felt so.

Before I went to go and eat dinner, I decided to annoy Max a little. I swung his door up and walked in.
"Dinner is ready." I said and sat down on his bed. Vinnie looked annoyed at me, but I didn't bother look at his bed where he was sitting.

"I know." He answered.

"Where's Annie?" I asked.

"I don't know, maybe you should ask her yourself." Max said. I got up and walked out of their room without closing the door behind me. The both of them started cursing me out.

"Mom, where's Annie?" I asked her.

"I'm pretty sure she's at the backyard talking with that friend of yours." She told me. Friend? Friend. I walked out to the backyard and saw her talking with Tyler, so I decided to hide and listen.

"It's not because I don't like you or anything, I just find it hard to do." She said to him.

"I know that, I really do. I will wait for you if you're not ready, and I mean it. I'm not planning on going anywhere, I'm so fucking crazy about you, in the good way of course." He told her. She nodded and walked closer to him.

"How long will you wait?" Annie asked him.

"As long as you want me to." Tyler answered. Tyler was always very sweet and nice when it came to the people he liked. It made me wish that Mason was a little like him too.

But then I heard kissing sounds.

I got out of my hiding space and looked at the two of them kissing in my backyard. I slapped my hand on my mouth and gasped loudly.

"I knew it! I fucking knew it!" I yelled, they pulled away and looked at me with a confused face. Annie smiled at me and pulled him in for another kiss.

I ran inside again and walked into the kitchen.
"Mom! Love is in the fucking air!" I yelled so the whole house heard me.

"Don't curse, Veronica!"
_____________________________

Yeah Veronica🙄

Heyy! How was your day? I hoped you enjoyed it! I love you all very very much!

Thank you so much for reading this chapter, what did you think? I'm so glad that I could finally fit Tyler and Annie in lol.

If you liked this chapter then please vote so I'm aware, thank you all for all of the support, I couldn't be more grateful for each one of you. I really hope that I get to repay all of you who were here from the start some day.

Have a great day, take care!<333