49.

"Veronica, you're home—" Kenneth tried saying, as the unknown but so familiar man looked straight at me.

"Veronica, you're back, I've been wanting to meet you the most." The man said, as he tried pulling me into a hug, but Mason pulled me behind him.

"She doesn't even know what your name is!" Mom yelled at him, she looked so upset.

"Who is that guy even?" He laughed out, pointing at Mason while everyone could tell that he was nervous as fuck. Mason kept giving him death stares as I was just standing there, in pure shock, I wasn't able to get any words out of my mouth.

"Honey, go to your room." Mom said, Kenneth nodded as I looked over at 'dad' or whatever. It was like I was stuck where I was standing, but Mason took the job in his own hands and gently pulled me away.

"No! I want to talk with my damn daughter!"

"Then you should have been here!" Mom yelled back at him.

Mason opened the door to my bedroom, seeing how Annie and Devon already were in there. Annie was listening to music with her headphones on, and Devon was watching something on her computer.

As Mason placed me on my bed, I held tight onto his arms.
"Are you okay? Veronica?" Mason asked, Devon walked over to us and looked worriedly at me.

"They've been arguing since yesterday." Devon mumbled, I slowly got up, holding onto Mason and Devon.

"That was my dad, he looks so much like—"

"You're brother, I noticed it as well." He forced a smile on his face, lifting my face with his thumb. I could feel how the tears were on the edge to fall, trying to hold it back.

"You're allowed to be sad or mad, I mean, I would have been too." Annie said, as she lifted the headphones off of her head.

"Devon, can you do me a favour and get some water for her?" He asked her, she nodded and walked to the door, slowly opening it.

"Thanks." Mason mumbled, when Devon opened the door, Max was there. He was trying to come in as Devon was trying to get out. Max got out of her way as she left the room, he closed the door behind him and sat down on my bed.

"Don't expect too much from him, they always come back to get someone and when they got it, they leave you behind again." Max said, I turned around and looked at him, feeling confused about the way he knew how it felt.

Annie's eyebrows raised as she gave him a sassy expression.
"What? My girlfriend's mother used to do so."

Annie slowly shook her head and put the headphones back on her head.
"Thank you for telling me yesterday." I told him, he smiled.

"No problem." Max answered, as he looked at me to Mason and I watched him confusing himself.

"Weren't you dating Ace?" He asked, pointing at Mason.

"I'm not dating Mason." I said with an exhausted sigh, and sat down on my bed.

"That's not what you said last night." Mason smirked, my eyes widened and I slapped his chest as Max gasped.

"That's so fucking disturbing, now I'm starting to imagine things." He fake puked, making Mason laugh. Devon came back with a glass of water in her hand, as it went quiet with the arguing in the living room, but then they started yelling again.

Devon handed me the glass, as I took it and just held it in my hand.
"Drink it." Mason said.

"I need to listen to what they're saying first." I said, trying to shush him with my index finger on his mouth. He sat down on the bed, putting a pillow behind his back, as he took the glass out of my hand and placed it on the nightstand.

"We can go to my house, if you'd rather be somewhere else." Mason suggested, I decided to sit closer to him, only for him to pull me onto his lap.

"We can't, Kayla is probably there with Tyler." I reminded him, as the both of us nodded.

Max gasped again.
"You're dating your best friend's brother?"

"Biggest betrayal ever since Jordyn and Kylie." Annie shook her head in a disappointing way. I sighed and shook my head, earning a smile from Mason.

"Who's Kylie even? Mason do you know how to braid hair?" Devon asked, I looked questioning at Mason as we both awaited an answer.

"Of course I do, I have a fucking— I mean, I have a little sister after all." He corrected himself, I smiled when I heard how he stopped himself from cursing.

"Let me see what you got." She said, I slid off of his lap as Devon turned around and pushed her hair back, as Mason sighed.

"It's a long time since I did this, so don't judge."

I couldn't even hear him that well because of how loud they yelled at each other in the living room.

"I have every right to want to know them!"

"You don't get to call them you're fucking children!"

"They are my children!"

Fucks sake. I got up, walked over to the door and opened it, walking into the living room and seeing how the two people were yelling at each other.

"Stop fucking yelling and fix it some other way!" I yelled at them, seeing how all of them looked at me with widened eyes.

"Thanks." I muttered under my breath, walking away and back into the bedroom that everyone was inside of.

"Look at that braid." Mason said, pointing at Devon's hair, making me smile.

"Ace didn't know how to do it." Devon said, with a big smile on her face. Seeing Mason's smirk made me roll my eyes, what an idiot.

Later on the day, we didn't hear more from my father and mother. I'm pretty sure that mom kicked him out, which probably was for the better.

"Alright then I'm going to go. Text me if anything happens, and I mean anything, okay? I love you." Mason said, placing a kiss on my lips, as I smiled into the kiss and kissed him back.

"Drive safely." I said, letting go of him, watching him walk away. The way he turned around and winked at me, made me get so many butterflies.
__________________________

Hey! I hope you had a great day! I love you very much, remember to vote<3