V4: Chapter 2 - The New Exam

Start from the beginning

We all nodded in understanding.

So, if I assumed that the explanations were given to three to five students from each class separately, then that clarified why these meetings gathered such small groups. But why don't explain everything to each one of the twelve groups united? To avoid tension between the members of each class? Confusion? It was clear that this way, we would have more time to accept the idea of working along with the other classes. However, that raised other questions...

If we had to associate with the other classes, then the secrecy Sakayanagi and Tomori were making proof of was unnecessary, right?

Again, none of us commented anything but just waited for Chabashira-sensei to continue.

Chabashira-sensei sighed at our attitude. I suppose she wasn't used to this. She must have a tough time finishing sentences with her students.

"The group you have been assigned is 'Snake'. Here is a list of the members. You must return the list when you leave the room, so it would be better if you memorize it now."

She passed over to me a postcard-sized piece of paper. On it were listed thirteen names of people in our group. Apart from the three of us, all the other members belonged to the other classes.

The group name was written in Japanese, placed in parentheses next to the Chinese reading. Although, I couldn't have said it read 'Snake' if the translation wasn't here.

Except for Class C, all the classes had three members in our group.

Class A: Kamuro Masumi, Nishikawa Ryoko, Hashimoto Masayoshi.

Class B: Amikura Mako, Ando Sayo, Kanzaki Ryuji.

Class C: Kaneda Satoru, Shiina Hiyori, Nishino Takeko, Yamada Albert.

Class D: Kushida Kikyo, Sato Maya, Miyake Akito.

After memorizing the list, I passed it to Kamuro.

This are supposed to be my teammates then?

Our group definitely had some curious names. One of the pillars of Class B and one of the most popular girls from our year. I recognized more names but those weren't that relevant to me.

"This means that for this exam you won't be acting as members of Class A, but as members of the Snake Group. Whether you pass or fail this test depends on each group. Now, for the results. There are four possible outcomes that can be achieved in this special exam. No exceptions. On the table there are the handouts we have prepared for you so that it'd be easier for you to understand the exam better. However, you are prohibited from taking these handouts, taking photographs of them, or anything of the sort. You should verify the contents here and now."

I took the crumpled-up sheets of paper that had been prepared for us. I suppose the students that were here before us made this mess after looking at them. I gave a handout to Kamuro and another one to Nishikawa.

AN EXPLANATION OF THE SUMMER GROUP SPECIAL EXAMINATION

This assignment centres on a "VIP" assigned to each group. By providing answers to the school via a defined method, you will earn one of four outcomes.

At 8:00 a.m. on the first day of the test, each student will simultaneously receive a message informing you that we have chosen someone to be the "VIP" in your group.

The test begins tomorrow and ends at 9:00 p.m. on the fourth day. (You are completely free to do as you wish for the first day.)

The group should gather twice during the day at a predetermined time in predetermined room to talk for one hour, so that they may discuss matters with only their group.