46. Kitty-It's Our Anniversary

One year. She could not believe it was one year ago that she married Isaac Curtis.

Icee wanted to fly her away to an island somewhere, like their honeymoon, but one, she was far along in her pregnancy and did not want to be off somewhere swollen and uncomfortable that was not her bed. Two, she was not leaving her baby boy. He was only seven months old, and she was not going to keep leaving IceeJay.

She did it for her sister's birthday in Jamaica. She did it for Grammy weekend. Now she wanted to stay home and take it easy. Having twins was a different experience, and it was humbling for her. She was tired all the time.

Of course, Icee was not going to let their first anniversary go by without a fuss. He planned a big party that was nearly as big as the wedding itself. At least he considered her wishes, no travel. All her family, friends, and special guests would come to Springfield.

The city was not ready for that explosion of celebrities. Top hotels and Air BnBs were booked, and her mall was closed to the general public, only open so her celeb friends could shop. A few local people got chances to win meet-and-greets with the celebs but not many.

The big concert at night at Club 417 was private and invite-only. Icee liked to show out and he did not need an excuse to do so.

Victor was not down to do all of this.

"Too many people. Too many big known people in one place. I can't protect you Icee, not like this." Victor was at their place at a pre-celebration dinner with a few guests including all her sisters, T-Zack and his wife Michelle, Freezy, AKA, Tone, her little brother CJ, Lady J, and of course her girl Ginger.

"That little mother fucker ain't doing shit to my fam on my anniversary. Best believe that!" Icee stated. "I got the smoke with me, he don't want none."

"See, that's the kinda shit will get yo ass, that cockiness," Victor said. "This ain't a game. Do you think he wrote that song about you and Kitty because he wants to hold your hand and walk through daisies? You know what he wants to do to my sis. What he already did to Lil sister."

"Man, don't bring that shit up today!" Icee flashed his anger at him, The whole ordeal was taking a turn on them all. She was so tired of living in fear over a boy that did not deserve a single thought.

"Vic, Icee is right. Today is not about him. There's enough guards on this house it's more protected than the White House."

"Kitty, stay out of it." Victor flashed her a look and she shut up. Just stood there and listened. Victor focused his attention back on Icee. "I feel better with you all here...but at the club? That's another matter. Crowd control, too many people in and out. Everyone's guards down because they having a good time. Don't nobody know outside of fam what that nigga capable of. We ain't put our business out there so no one knows he's a rapist and-"

She walked away from them, not wanting to hear more talk of what that monster did to her sister. What he wanted to do to her that night.

She rubbed her belly, talking to her girls. "I will protect you, no matter what."

After Icee and Victor discussed whatever needed to be discussed, Icee came over to her sitting on the sofa.

"You good, ma?"

"Yes."

"Hey, Victor not going to ruin our night baby. We've made it through some shit this year, and this is just the beginning. Many more years to go."

He leaned in to kiss her and she smiled. Yes, stop thinking of sad things on their special day. Nothing was going to happen to her or anyone else she cared about.