"Did you at least survive?" He asked wryly.

"Yeah, I'm just getting used to it..." Duke explained, forcing himself to take another sip. He would just fake being okay until Damian gave the okay to leave."

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"That was informative..." Damian muttered, draping him over the backseat. "Seatbelt." He reached over and buckled Duke up. Sure, he was 21, but he was new to the Wayne clan, which meant he was Damian's little brother, and thus; his safety was Damian's responsibility.
He got in the driver's seat and turned on Duke's seat-warmer. "I'm taking you back to the manor. Pennyworth prepared your bed just in case."

"I'm sorry." Duke slurred, curling up against the window.

"It's not your fault. I wanted to see how much liquor you can hold. I just didn't realize the answer was negative one ounce."

Duke stirred a little. "Damian? I feel sick."

"Don't vomit," Damian told him sternly. "Stare straight ahead." He took the drive carefully, aware of how clammy and ill his new younger brother looked. 

"'kay," Duke said, swallowing hard. "I'm sorry."

"Stop that." Damian snapped. "We're almost there."

"I'm hungry." The younger man muttered. "...I'm sick."

"No, you're not. I'm taking you home and you can sleep." Being the first and most experienced sidekick was hard; there had been no one to mentor him (Mentor-mentors and sidekick-mentors had very different jobs); then again, it meant he got to teach and protect the others. None of his little siblings, or their friends, would ever be as lost and unprotected as he had been. Damian had formed a union for sidekick protection for that reason.

"I'm not tired." He murmured. "I just feel sick."

"You need rest." Damian pulled into the impressive gravel driveway. "Come on."

He slung out into the pouring rain and opened the back door, unbuckling Duke and helping him out. Locking the car, he walked the younger to the house, Duke's arm wrapped over his shoulders. 

Damian unlocked the door, dragging him inside, and removing his shoes. He also helped Duke, as leaning over to tie his shoes was far too physically tormenting. 

"Welcome back." A voice called from the darkness; Alfred emerged, removing Damian's jacket and hanging it up. "I take it you boys had a good night?"

Duke tried to respond, only to groan in discomfort. 

"I'm taking Thomas to bed."

"Very well. I will be certain a cure is prepared when he awakens."

"Thanks, Alfre--" Duke stopped and swallowed hard, careful not to throw up. 

Damian scooped under Duke's arms, helping him up. "Come on."

Waving tiredly to Alfred, Duke let the man half-drag him upstairs. His manor room was down the opposite hall of the younger Robins, besides Stephanie's and across from Tim's. They grouped the ages together despite the number of empty bedrooms. That being said, Tim and Stephanie had dorms, so tonight it was just him.

Damian sat him on the bed and hurried out to get water, only to return a half-millennium later, his youngest brother sitting on his hip.
"What's Dickie doing up?" Duke asked, blinking slowly and running a hand over his wet hair.

"He was awake when I found him." Damian sat Dick on the bed next to him. "I thought I should put you both down at once.

Duke said nothing, reaching out to pet the five-year-old's hair. "Huh, 3Ds..." He remarked, it was a joke but one lacking all gusto. 

"Stop talking." Damian thrust a cup at him. "Drink up, maybe I'll read you two a bedtime story." 

"Yay." Duke took a little sip. "Nothing exciting please."

"I'll read Dick's favourite." Damian joked. 

Duke paused, sipping his water, hand still resting on Dick's head. "Do the bats really do this a lot?"

"From time to time." The eldest replied earnestly. 

"Will I get better?"

"Maybe?" He replied. "Little red riding hood?"

"Yes please." Duke sniffed. "Uh, Damian? Please don't let me do this again."

Damian just shrugged. "I'll do my best." He flipped the book open. "With pictures?"

"Yes please."