Chapter 79

** two weeks later

I had started the day off getting a coffee at the same cafe I had been at every morning with flo before making my way to the hospital.

FN: "are they gonna bring him home?"

YN: "I mean we can't stay in Tokyo forever, I don't know how it works though with him in the condition he is in."

She nodded as I checked the time. It was an hour until the race in Dallas started. The team brought in a formula e driver I had never heard of to take my spot and I was anxious to see how it all panned out.

————-

AN: "morning girls."

YN: "morning Adam."

I handed him a coffee before moving over to the bed. I gave lando a quick kiss on the forehead.

YN: "morning love."

For the 13th consecutive day, no response.

AN: "are you going to watch the race?"

I nodded my head as I sipped my coffee.

YN: "I was going to set it up on my laptop here, maybe the sounds of an engine will resonate with him."

The first few days in Tokyo I had cried out all my tears and prepared myself for the worst. It left me in a weird state mentally, it was like this became normal. Normal enough I could make jokes that nobody else in the room found funny.

FN: "I don't think I could watch it."

YN: "fair."

I sat up on the bed and pulled over the table with the laptop and turnt the volume off so flo wouldn't hear anything as I waited for the race to start.

Besides I knew the pre race content would be full of lando.

FN: "I remember when he got into a crash in F2 that required him to get in an ambulance on a stretcher. I told him tk never go back out of fear."

I frowned. We had been sharing moments and memories the past few days but this took a stark turn.

AN: "when you fall of the horse do you turn your back on it?"

FN: "no but it's different."

AN: "it's not, you both do what you love even if it's dangerous and I wouldn't want it any other way."

Flo let out an agitated sigh before standing up out of her chair.

FN: "im going to find Mum and the others."

I looked down feeling awkward as flo stormed out of the room.

AN: "sorry."

YN: "don't apologize. It's fine."

Adam chewed the inside of his cheek before coming to sit on the arm chair next to me.

AN: "is she right though? As parents should we have stepped in or intervened?"

YN: "would that have been possible though?"

Adam chuckled a little bit at that.

AN: "probably not. I mean I don't even know what career he would have if it wasn't for driving."

My heart warmed as memories of the night he proposed came back to me.

YN: "graphic designer. He said he liked designing helmets and that."

Adam hummed as though he was nulling over a reality where he was a graphic designer.

AN: "shall we watch the race?"