Chapter 64

I was completely replenished when I woke up. The sun kissed my skin as I walked out of the hotel in search for coffee. I pulled out my phone and texted Lando if he wanted one. It wasn't until I put the phone back into my pocket I realized what I had done.

I mentally slapped my face, one relapse and I was acting like we were back together.

The buzz in my pocket was to my surprise.

Lando Norris: Would love one thank you, usual?

Flat white two sugars. Some things are never forgotten.

YN: What room are you in, ill bring it to you

I had nothing planned for the day so I was more than happy to go out of my way back to the hotel.

Suddenly my phone filled with a picture of lando with a goofy smile wearing my helmet on top of his head, back when we were together. It served a bitter reminder, I didnt have the heart to change it. Before I fell too far down that rabbit hole, I answered the phone.

YN: "Yes I know flat white two sugars."

His laugh was slightly strained, still hurt, but it was there.

LN: "You know me so very well yn yln. I was wondering what your day looked like?"

I rolled the tongue around the side of my cheek contemplating whether or not I was willing to open the opportunity to spend time with him one on one. But I guess we had too clear the air and move forward sooner or later.

YN: "uhhh looks like walking around, chilling in my room and walking around again at the moment."

LN: "well do you reckon I could join you on one of those walks."

YN: "yeah of course."

LN: "okay, Ill see you in twenty? in the lobby?"

YN: "me and your flat white."

I disconnected the phone and proceeded to order from a small corner cafe. The outside was old heritage brick with massive windows and overgrown vines, the inside was jarring however, clean and contemporary.

I collected the two coffees and made my way. Lando was waiting on a small bench in the lobby hunched over on his phone. He wore black shorts, a grey hoodie and a black cap low on his face. If I hadn't seen the locks of hair pushed out on the sides I wouldn't have picked him out so quickly.

I walked over to him and tried to get a read on him. He held his head in a way I deciphered to be either fatigue or frustration, either way it set me on edge.

YN: "hey you."

He dropped his phone on his lap as soon as he heard my voice. His eyes widened as he saw the coffee. He only ever drank coffee when he needed it, he wasn't a fan of the taste.

LN: "mmm thank you thank you."

He grabbed the coffee and took a big gulp with a scrunched nose. It was a mixture, he was tired but something else was up with him.

YN: "anywhere in particular you want to walk? You've been here a few more times than I have."

His eyes skirted to the roof as he racked his brain for a suggestion.

LN: "I do have a place in mind but you have to promise to not show it to anyone, it's a little secret of mine."

I nodded as we began our adventure.

YN: "got a few places up your sleeve dont you?"

LN: "when I was at a low place back when I first started I used to always need an escape, a hiding place."