Chapter 61

I opened my phone up to check myself before I went back into the garage. I was puffy eyed so I wiped me face, leaving my fingers under my eyes to try and make it better.

15 minutes had passed and I knew I had to face the music and get out there. I fixed my hair before ducking out and sneaking into the truck. It was eery quiet inside, there was nobody.

I walked upstairs to my room, stepping up the final stairs to a swarm of people.

Everyone: "surprise!!"

I smiled with gratitude for my amazing team. It was selfish to bring everyone's mood down by sulking. P2 was still a big achievement.

YN: "naww thank you guys."

A cake came out which had P2 written on it messily in icing, last minute I assume,

YN: "team get on over here."

Everyone who works on the car, mike and so forth came over to get a photo with the cake. We all held up peace signs for number two.

JH: "got it!"

I got hugs from a few of the guys who were trying to cheer me up before lando came over. He swallowed me in his arms, dropping his mouth down to my ear.

LN: "how are you?"

YN: "fine."

He pulled back looking at me pointedly. I tried to tease that reaction with him. I pushed him back slightly as I laughed.

YN: "no I'm okay now, I swear. Thank you for before, very wise of you."

LN: "some would say mature."

YN: "okay let's not stretch it."

He held his chest like he had been shot. It felt good to joke around with him. His eyes were soft and glistening, something I hadn't seen in a while. His mouth stretched as he smiled, all his teeth flashing. I took it all in, I missed staring at him, absorbing him.

A hand touched my back, I jerked upwards.

ML: ""yn good job!"

YN: "oh thanks missy."

She edged closer to lando, I couldn't do it.

YN: "I erm, have to go make the rounds but I'll see you guys later."

I watched the energy drain from his face, my heart ached. But he chose missy, obviously the feelings were there and I wasn't going to ruin it for him.

I moved to Jess naturally. She was in mid conversation with a few other media and management personnel. I talked to the group for a while about the race before Jess pulled me away.

JH: "I was talking to missy and as soon as she saw you two talking she bolted. She's insane."

YN: "Was she like this with any guys before?"

JH: "honestly I haven't known her long enough to see her with another partner."

I shook my head as I glanced over to see her talking to him. The conversation looked stark and tense. They tried there best to hide it but they were in an argument.

It frustrated me to see lando with her, he deserved better. It wasn't my place however to say anything, especially as his ex the grounds weren't there.

YN: "I think I'm gonna tap out and go home."

Jess's lips turnt down. She looked from me to lando before nodding.

JH: "yeah, I understand. Do you want me to come with you?"

YN: "no, stay and have fun, if anyone asks just say I could barely keep my eyes open."