The Goblins

Clementine wasn't sure how to feel about the goblins, they were nothing like she had ever seen before. The closest thing she could imagine to one would be her old school's caretaker, Mr. David Bunion, a small wrinkled man with dirty grey hair and a long hooked nose that seemed to droop down to his chin.

But since the goblins hadn't yet called her a 'snot nosed brat' or given her detention, she decided she liked them more.

When Lupin had explained that Gringotts was a bank where she could do a simple inheritance test, she had been expecting something similar to a Lloyds, or perhaps a Barclays. So when she teleported (lupin had explained to her it was called apperation, but she decided that teleportation made much more sense) with Lupin to a strange place he called 'diagon alley' she hadn't been expecting to land in front of an imposing snow-white marble building with large bronze guarded doors. And she definitely hadn't been expecting the Goblins.

"This shit is like walking into a fantasy novel" she whispered to lupin as they walked into the bank, her eyes trailing over the goblins who sat behind large desks, scribbling away at the parchment.

Lupin gave her a look that said she aught to fix her language, but let out a soft chuckle.
"If this is impressive, just wait until you see Hogwarts for the first time"

Clementine mulled over her thoughts for a few moments. All within the last 5 hours she had beaten up Morton, been tempted to walk into oncoming traffic, found out her parents were actually real people who like once really existed, learned that yes, her glowy-ness was magic and an entire magic community existed, she had a twin brother who happened to be ALIVE and that she would hopefully be attending a new magical boarding school called Hogwarts that was supposedly even more fantasy novel-ish than a massive bank filled with goblins.
She had so many questions but supposed she was still in shock of it all and decided to ask them later, once she was done with the inheritance.

Lupin walked up to once of the desks, and let out a word sort of cough to gain the goblins attention. The goblin looked up with a disgusted face but she could have sworn she saw a small smirk once he locked eyes with Clementine.

"Miss Potter here requests an inheritance test and use of her vaults, please," Lupin said, not even greeting the goblin. Clementine wasn't sure how she would have a vault, or why she would need to use one but she kept silent anyways, just watching the interaction.

"Miss potter you say? Hmmm, how curios" the goblin muttered, a devilish smile growing upon his face ugly as he walked away and over to another goblin who had been walking past. Both goblins muttered short sentences, sending small glances over to clementine every few moments.
Walking back over to her, the new golin introduced
"I am Sharpfang, account manager for the potter family. I will be escorting you to my office where we shall discuss matters and perform an inheritance test, come along" the goblin said, his voice course with a hint of mischief, Turning around and waking into what seems to be a corridor

Lupin went to follow, Clementine trailing after him, but before they could take even three steps the other goblin who had not disclosed his name stopped them "only Miss potter shall be allowed entry".
Remus paused to stare at the goblin before letting out a frustrated sigh and turning to Clementine. "Go ahead, I'll be waiting right here"
She nodded a small bit of anxiety twisting and turning around in her stomach before sweeping off to catch up with sharpfang who had now disappeared into a room along the corridor.

She was sitting opposite sharpfang in what looked like any ordinary office (if you ignore the solid gold bricks that lay in the corner of the room, that is) staring at her twiddling fingers. Remus had cast what he called a 'cleaning charm' on her before she left his home, so her fingers were no longer bloody, but were injured and sore.

"Well Miss potter, I have to admit, I did not expect to see you" sharpfang finally said. She looked away from her hands and stared directly at him, trying to clear away any anxiety and seem confident.
"Yes, I have recently been made aware that I was thought dead"
She didn't know why she felt she had to speak formally, but it seemed like the wrong type of situation to speak in any other way.

The goblin chuckled as if that had not been why he was surprised to see her, but did not elaborate.

"Then let's not waste our time and begin the inheritance test," replied sharpfang, summoning an elegant golden blade, encrusted with silver jewels that shone like the stars, and a blanc piece of parchment.

He lay both items out directly in front of Clementine on the hardwood desk. "The inheritance test, Miss Potter, requires your blood. Drop the blood drawn by the blade directly onto the parchment"

Clementine did as told, not bothered by the searing pain as the blade sliced through her skin like a knife slicing butter. Once she had created a large enough gash on the palm of her hand, she clenched her fingers and held her small fist over the parchment, watching as blood started to drip and then pool on the parchment. Perhaps she made too big of a cut, she wondered.

Delicately placing the beautiful blade back onto the desk, she lifted her bleeding hand away and pulled her sleeve down in an attempt to stop the blood from getting anywhere else.

Sharpfang watched this all happen with a sort of sick fascination on his ugly face.

Before Clementine had a chance to ask what to do next, the blood on the parchment started fizzing, letting off just a tiny bit of smoke before dissolving away leaving not a trace of where it had just been. Not even a second later, elegant scrolls started appearing across the paper, and Clementine knew that what she was about to read would be the start of her new life, the start of knowing who she truly was.

Unedited

I don't like this chapter at all lol, but I'm too lazy too rewrite it. The next chapter starts with her inheritance, don't worry