The Confrontation

Snape had reluctantly agreed to make an unbreakable vow to keep anything Amaris told him quiet. He understood just why she had been so adamant in her dislike of albus. From the memories of Amaris' that he had been showed, it really didn't paint the elder wizard in a good light. If Severus was completely honest with himself, he would admit that the things the headmaster had done were simply unforgivable- not that he was any better of a person himself.

He understood why Dumbledore had done the things he had done, the potter girl had turned out to be the other prophecy child after all, but that did not mean it was right. Albus Dumbledore was the most powerful wizard alive, surely he could have come up with a way to null the prophecy without stripping the child of her twin brother, her magic, faking her death and everything else he took from her with his dreadful decision making?

And now Severus Snape knew he'd have to watch on as Albus Dumbledore reaped the consequences that he sewed. the Girl was powerful, and paired with the need for vengeance, it made her dangerous. even more so than prophesized.

---

Amaris walked into the Slytherin common room after a long day of classes and threatening her potions teacher to be met by a gaggle of seventh years glaring down at her, suspicion and slight hatred behind their emotionless facades. Amaris took a look around the room and caught the eyes of a certain fellow second-year who seemed to be dealing with a guilty conscience as he sat on a leather couch fidgeting with the cuff of his robe. Theodore had obviously told the other students about what she had revealed to him that morning. she was surprised he had waited so long to open his trap, she had expected to go tattling as soon as they left the chamber.

"what's this I've heard about you going down to the Chamber of secrets, Potter?" a seventh-year girl Amaris recognized to be Amanda Fawley asked impatiently.

Amaris sighed and pushed through the small crown and made her way to sit next to Theodore, the boy stiffening slightly as she did so. he seemed nervous, and Amaris couldn't blame him, but there was really no need, she wasn't angry with him. in fact, she was fine with her current situation, this was a perfect opportunity to inform the other students of her title.

"Are you really Lady Slytherin?" a first-year boy who had been standing off to the side blurted out before slapping his hands over his mouth as if stopping himself from saying anything else.

"don't be daft, kid. She's a Potter, there's no way a blood traitor is Lady Slytherin" one of Fawley's friends spat in defiance.

Amris watched the small tiff in hidden amusement. Of course they thought it all boiled down to blood. she cleared her throat to get their attention. once all eyes were on her, she fileted her head and crossed her legs "well I'm sorry to break such world-ending news to you but..." Amaris drawled off in mock suspense

"spit it out, Potter," a sex year boy with short back hair said as he wandered forwards. "And don't think you can lie to us" Fawley's friend spoke up again.

Amaris help her hands up in surrender, smirking as she replied "okay, okay. no need to get all feisty here." the black-haired boy pulled his wand from his sleeve and held it by his side.

"I'm lady Slytherin, and I happen to visit Salazar's chamber quite a lot actually. my basilisk gets lonely and there are so many great books. really, it's a very nice place.. Maybe if you weren't all prejudiced cunts who tyrannized me purely because of my surname then id have allowed you all to visit."

The room erupted into total chaos, everyone except Nott, who sat quietly with his head bowed beside her, shouting obscenities and accusing her of making it all up. Amaris just watched on silently for a few moments, until she spotted that same black-haired boy point his wand directly at her and mutter a spell under his breath. Her hand flew up instantly, deflecting the bolt of purple energy away from her, it hitting the stone wall and leaving a massive crack in its wake. Amaris raised her brow, the spell had been an undoubtedly dangerous one, the boy had obviously been among to actually injure her.

she turned to look at him, uncrossing her legs as she stood up and took a few deliberate steps up until she was standing directly before him. the room had fall into a tense silence as they watched the young girl easily deflect a 6ths years spell and walk up to him fearlessly.

Amaris sighed, making a wagging motion with her finger in front of the vexed boys face. "you shouldn't have done that" and with a click of her fingers, the boy was thrown back and his wand in Amaris' hand, the same trick she had pulled on Snape earlier that day.

she walked up to the front of the common room where everyone could see her. some students seemed amused, some with shock written all over their faces, and a few were pointing their own wands at Amaris, getting ready to strike. with a quiet incantation, a magical barrier was spelt into reality, protecting Amaris as she spoke "I really don't want any trouble, but if any of you are stupid enough to test me, don't say I didn't warn you" and with that, Amaris snapped the boy's wand right where everyone could see, before dropping it to the floor and walking off towards her dorm.

"oh, and if any of you tell the rest of the school about me, ill set my basilisk on you. she really enjoys chewing on the bones of innocent children"

Amaris head read in one of the Slytherins books that snapping a wizards wand was one of the most offensive acts one could do to another, and that's exactly why she did what she did.. she needed to send a message. But as much she liked to cause problems for people who upset her, Amaris wasn't a total bitch. that's why later that night, when everyone was asleep, she snuck into the boy's dormitory and collected the shards of snapped wood from the black-haired boy's bedside table and mended his wand, before leaving it where she had found it with a simple note.

'next time, I won't fix your wand and you'll be dealing with a whole lot more than a knockback jinx- A.P'

UNEDITED