The Hot Vampire

Amaris found herself in a small and dingy shop in knockturn alley.
There were a few different things she needed and hadn't been able to find them in Diagon Alley. Remus had warned her not to come down here, saying it was full of bad people who'd do terrible things to her, but she honestly didn't give a shit. She had her magic now, she was far from easy prey and anyone who touched her would find that out.

The shop she was in was called Borgins and Burks. She needed to find a diary that didn't allow for others to read, and she had seen a range of diary-like books through the shops' windows.

She walked down the aisle of books silently, not risking touching anything. She had turned on her mage sight, and almost every object in the room was clouded with a black mist. Dark magic had a very distinct magical signature, and she knew better than to go around picking dark artefacts up. She wasn't against dark magic, though. She quite liked the way the black tendrils of the magic swirled and latched onto their surroundings. It was oddly calming to watch.

She walked up to a tall bookshelf and scanned her eyes across the books that littered it. They looked like diaries, but she didn't want to accidentally take home another devil book like the one she already had in her bag. She just wanted one that she could write down her secrets and plans.

"And what do you think you're doing, brat?" A gruff voice snarled, coming closer.
Amaris turned away from the bookshelf and looked over the dirty man who she presumed ran the shop.

"I'm looking for something, a diary of sorts"
She replied calmly

"This ain't no place for dairies for little lasses to pansy over boys in, get out before I drag you girl"

"Sir, I fear you have gotten the wrong idea. I'm not looking for an ordinary diary. I need one that will only serve me, one that is warded against prying eyes" she said, a charming smile tugging at her cheeks.

The man looked her up and down, before growling out a "follow me"

She followed the man to the front desk, and he bent down under it and pulled out a stack of diaries.
"These are all I have in stock, though some of them might not be what you're looking for, lass." The man gritted out, an evil smirk playing at his lips that reminded Amaris of the goblins when they spoke of gaining gold.

"And they'll all only open for me?"

The man grunted in response, following it with "some of them send out nasty curses when anyone other than the owner tries to open them, others can only be opened by a password"

Amaris peered at the stack of them, and dragged her finger down each spine, stopping on a book that had a strange magical signature. It was a deep emerald, unlike the others that were clouded in the familiar black. The green magic oddly slithered around the book, it vaguely looked like a transparent pit of snakes to Amaris.
"That one" she whispered. She was drawn to that diary like a bee to a flower. just Like when she had first used her wand, she knew that this was the diary meant for her.

The shop owner pulled the book from the pile, and let out a humourless laugh. "Doubt this one will get you anywhere girl, it only opens to parseltongue. Had it sitting in the shop for years, only Slytherin descendants can speak the language of the snakes and his line died out 11 years ago"

Amaris let out an airy chuckle, she didn't know why, but she knew that she was a parselmouth. It had been one of the things dumbledore had blocked. She took the book from the shopkeeper's hands and ran her fingers over the cover before placing it flat on the counter. It was a deep olive green snakeskin design with brass corner protectors and an intricately detailed clasp keeping the book closed tight.