The Basalisk

Stale water leaked and dripped from the tarnished taps onto the grimy tiled floor, making a damp smell hang in the stagnant air. A slow creaking noise could be heard as a young girl sneakily opened the door and slipped into the bathroom.

Amaris had awoken early this morning with an entire Saturday to go about her plans without the pesky disruption of lessons. She had quickly gotten washed and dressed for the day, eaten a quick but solitary breakfast excluded from the other Slytherins before rushing to the abandoned girls loo on the second floor. She had managed to pry the location of the Chambers entrance from the Diary, with the promise she would release the starving basilisk into the school to "cleanse" the student population of muggle-borns.

Tom hadn't been easy to convince, but after talking about how much she despised Dumbledore he had been more willing to give up information.

Walking over to the dust-covered sinks, Amris trailed her hand across the top of them all. She glanced up to the mirrors above them and was quickly distracted by what she saw. Instead of her entire head of hair being the warm auburn tone she was used to, at the very front of her head was a streak of the whitest hair she had ever seen. It reminded her of the way her skin glows in all of its pale glory. She brushed it the side as if to check it was there, before sucking in a sharp breath and tucking it behind her ear. She had come here for other more important things, her strange hair colour change could wait a few more hours.

She carried on walking beside the sinks before stopping in front of the second-largest one on the row. The sink was the only one to have such intricate detailing and beautiful, if not a little worn down, engraved snakes.
She crouched down to gain a better view, minding the way the water beneath her feet squelched and sloshed with her movements, and traced each of the snakes with a delicate finger. The craftsmanship of the sink was simply astonishing making it look incredibly out of place compared to the rest of the mundane communal bathroom. Amaris wondered how no one besides Voldemort ever realized that this was the opening to the chamber. It stood out quite a lot, after all.

She took in a slightly shaky breath in anticipation before whispering an almost silent "open" in parseltongue.

In just a short moment, the sink was sliding down and opening with a deep, low rumble to reveal what looked to Amaris, like an endless black hole. She couldn't see a bottom, and could only just make out that the sides of the dark tunnel seemed to be made out of a slimy metal, like a pipe.

Amaris quickly cast a wandless cushioning charm on herself and a scourgify on the tunnel. She wasn't wearing her best clothing today but she did rather like the oversized brown and navy Coogi sweater she was practically swaddled in.
She dangled her shoes over the edge and without the chance to chicken out, she jumped into the nothingness.

It was like rushing down an endless, wet, stinky slide. She could see more pipes branching off in all directions, but none as large as the one she was in, which twisted and turned, sloping steeply downward, and she knew that she was falling deeper below the school than even the dungeons.

She landed with a squelch and crack as the soggy bones underneath her feet shattered. Her only light source being her glowing skin, Amris grimaced and began to tread through the bones until her feet met stone floors.

The tunnel she was in was so dark that she could only see a little distance ahead. Her glow cast an eerie light across the moist stone.

Something a few mètres ahead cast a large shadow that caught Amris off guard for a split second. She tightly squeezed her eyes shut and spoke clearly, only a hint of apprehension in her parseltongue words
"Is that you, Slytherins serpent?"