The Library

Slytherins library; full of the smell of parchment and magic. It was a treat for the mind. One could've drowned in the ocean of undistributed knowledge that sat on the dark oak shelves that ran along the circular walls.

With a flick of amris' wrist, the fireplace became the poetry of the Phoenix, bursting into confident gold flame that so deeply disrupted the blanket of emerald and oak that the room was composed of.

Surprisingly, there were no signs of age or abandonment within the library, despite its lack of use in far too long. The dark hardwood floor shone as if it had been freshly polished and not a single spec of dust could be found on the few small round tables that littered the room.

".You can open your eyes now, you know" Amris chuckled lightly as her professor and classmate stood unsurely in the centre of the library.

"Are you sure? because Merlin, I do not feel like being snake bait today"  Theodore asked nervously as snape began to slowly crack open his eyes.

"Don't take me for an idiot, Nott. Fidi can't get in here" she dismissed his worries as she meandered to one of the large shelves and began to scan the book titles while lazily running her pointer finger along the spines. Notts opened his eyes and gazed around the library in awe.

"it's not that I think you're an idiot, but if you can get into the chamber then it must have been you who threatened the school. For all I know, you could have lured me down here to be your first victim" spoke Theodore as he spun on the spot as if examining the entirety of the room for potential threats.

"And bring a teacher down here to watch and inevitably grass on me? Not likely. Besides, you're a Slytherin, if the threat had have been real you would've been safe anyways." Amaris stopped at a book that seemed promising. she plucked it from the shelf and went to turn to go sit at one of the tables but was stopped by a large figure looming directly in her path. she looked up to meet snapes glare with a glare of her own.

"Miss Potter, what exactly do you think you're doing here?" he drawled, his fists clenched at either of his sides in indescribable fury at the absolute gall at the potter brat in front of him.

" well I'm currently trying to do a little bit of research, but you're kinda in my way" she swiftly scooted around him "so, if you don't mind-" Amaris continued as she plonked herself in a seat at one of the tables. Snape was about to reply in an attempt to force answers out of her but Amaris interrupted him before he could do so.

"I'm sure you both have questions, but I really have more important things to be thinking about right now so ill dumb it down for you: You're standing in Slytherins library, I'm Lady Slytherin, I'm also a parseltongue. I didn't bring you down here to feed you to my pet, and the 'threat' was complete bullshit, I did it all because I have a habit of doing reckless things if it means it will piss off a certain headmaster. Got that? Great." She looked to both males who stood staring at her slightly slack-jawed.

"go explore or something" she added and turned back to her book. she didn't have time to babysit them, to watch over their every move making sure they didn't cause any damage to the precious library she had only found a few days ago while exploring the chamber.

They had been in the library for almost two hours when Amaris decided it was time to head back into the main school. she had found a few leads on the split soul situation but knew she was still far from finding out exactly what she was dealing with. Once Snape had begrudgingly accepted the situation he had quickly turned into a child in a candy store. as much as he was fighting it, it was more than obvious to both Amaris and Theodore that their brooding professor was in his element as she wandered around the shelves, staking book upon the book before heading to a table to devour as much information as he could at once. Amaris was pretty sure she had ever seen him hide a few books in his robes from the corner of her eye. she would need to have a talk about sticky fingers with him later. Theodore had spent his time in the section of books about magical beasts and creature care. They would be able to take care of magical creatures next year and it was obvious that Nott would no doubt be taking that elective.

Once the two students and one professor reached the corridor in which the Slytherin common room entrance was situated on, Snape grabbed the back of Amaris' robes before shooing Theodore away. Amaris rolled her eyes as the potions master dragged her into one of the unused potions classrooms and stood in front of the doorway. As if he could stop her from getting away if she wanted to, she mused silently. a smirk grew upon her face.

"Sir, do you always drag your female students in empty classrooms alone?"

A/N: How are you all? I have covid so I'm not too good myself who whatevs. NEways , sorry about this shitty chapter, I thought with being quarantined id be able to do more writing but my headache is stopping me from functioning properly lmfao. Also... 2K READS???? WHAT THE FUCKITY FUCK THANK YOU