The Dueling Club PT 1

AN: I haven't wrote a new chapter in a while, and since this book has no real frame or outline, please don't get too mad if some of the subplots or happenings from previous chapters are forgotten about. Sorry for the unwarned hiatus.

UNEDITED

Most mortal teenagers were very fickle in their hatred, Amaris discovered. After secretly supplying Hermione Granger with a small batch of Polyjuice potion, which Amaris had coerced Snape to brew, the bushy haired witch seemed to, for some reason completely unbeknownst to Amaris, come to consider the Slytherin her new friend.

That's why Amaris found herself being bombarded by questions from an overly excited Hermione granger. Amaris had been on her way to the Prancing Pedos new dueling club when she ran into Gryffindors golden trio, and tried her best to ignore them. But her effort ended up pointless when after arriving to the great hall, where the club was being held, she was quickly affronted with Granger and her nonstop academical chatter.

"...and I've also been practicing the Dancing Feet Charm and the Knockback Jinx just in preparation for this club. "

"Granger"

"Oh, its just wonderful isn't? Having the chance to attend dueling lessons by the esteemed Gilderoy Lockheart?"

"...Granger"

"Did you know that in 1979 he defeated an entire gaggle of Hags with only an enchanted bow and arrow? But i suppose that wouldn't be considered a wizarding duel. "

"...Granger"

"what about you? have you been studying? I do hope so, it would be awful if you got hurt by one of the other students-"

"Hermione!" Amaris finally shouted, snapping the girl out of her chatter.

"what? oh, right. sorry. I ramble when I'm excited. I just can hardly wait to get started." Hermione replied meekly.

Amaris nodded slightly but didn't pay much more attention to her as all she wanted to do was asses the new state of the great hall. the long dining tables had vanished and a golden stage had appeared along one wall, lit by thousands of candles floating overhead. the ceiling was velvety black once ore and many students of varying ages were packed beneath it, all carrying their wands and looking excited.

seeing Amaris's dismissal, Hermione pursed her lips slightly and walked back over to harry and ron, who had been standing a few feet away wearily watching the interactions with slight trepidation.

A slight cough came from Amaris's left and she turned her head to take a look to see who had once again distracted her from her thoughts. expecting to see the Granger girl again, Amaris raised a brow when she was met instead with the slightly pudgy face of Theodore Nott. "Granger seems to like you all of a sudden, huh?" he asked.

Amaris shrugged her shoulders "apparently so, although I'm not too sure why. I haven't actually been very nice to her"

Theodore looked past Amaris to where Hermione was standing with Ron and harry with a look of light contemplation of his face before looking back to Amaris. " she doesn't have many friends, and it seems even between the three of them, ron and harry leave her out. I heard her roomates dislike her too. I think she may just be latching onto you because you're Harrys sister, and because shes lonely."

thinking back to the conversation Hermione and Amaris had shared a while back when Hermione had first asked for the Polyjuice potion, it did seem like Hermione was being affected by the accidental ostracization her two only friends had subjected her too. Theodore's theory had merit.

"I think youre right" she said to the boy.

Gilderoy Lockheart walked onto the stage, resplendent in robes of deep plum and accompanied by none other then her head of house: Professor Snape, wearing his usual black attire. Lockheart waved an arm for silence and called, "Gather round, gather round! Can everyone see me? Can you all hear me? Excellent!"

"Now, Professor Dumbledore has granted me permission to start this little Duelling Club, to train you all up in case you ever need to defend yourselves as I have done on countless occasions - for full details, see my published works"

"Let me introduce my assistant, Professor Snape," said Lockheart, flashing a wide, creepy smile. "He tells me he knows a tiny little bit about dueling himself and has sportingly agreed to help me with a short demonstration before we begin. Now, I don't want any of you, youngsters, to worry - you'll still have you Potions master when I through with him, never fear!"

Amaris snickered at this, causing a few more quiet laughs to sound around the room from other students. Snape's upper lip was curling, whether at the student's laughter or the insult from Lockheart, Amaris wasn't sure. Lockheart and Snape turned to face each other and bowed, at least, Lockheart did, with much twirling of his hands, whereas Snape jerked his head irritatedly. Then they raised their wands like swords in front of them.

the two teachers continued with their display but Amaris's mind had wandered to the past night's events. she had been brainstorming ideas on what to do on the evil diary front.

Riddle had asked her for a body, and after reluctantly writing him to ask for more information, she had quickly discovered that he had meant a literal human for him to draw the magic out of until he could fuse the power with his soul fragment. it would bring him back into the real mortal realm in his own, newly built, body. it was an exceedingly old, and exceedingly dark mix of necromancy, alchemy, and ritualistic spellwork. Amaris knew this was all completely out of the question, for she may be... morally questionable, but she did have her limits. And sacrificing a mage for the sake of bringing back teenage dark lord was one of them.

However, she had always had the endgame of destroying the thing that murdered her parents, Voldemort, and after discovering that the diary was a Horcrux and would need to be destroyed to kill the dark lord once and for all, she felt a tiny amount of empathy for the diary Riddle.

this deeply disgusted her immensely, but she appeased herself with the notion that diary riddle was 16, just a boy. he certainly wasn't innocent and his other self had gone on to do the deed that she had nightmares about, but Tom not actually having been the one to cast the killing curse at her family was the only idea she had that could justify her feelings.

And so she devised a plan to get Tom a body. A body made of porcelain and wax, a body that had no magic, no life, no power. A body that she could find a way to transfer the Horcrux into. A body that the 16-year-old Tom riddle could live out the last of his time within, being able to experience the real world once again.