The Halfblood

A couple of weeks had passed since the start of term and if she were being honest, Amaris was having the time of her life at Hogwarts. Anything was better than that godforsaken orphanage.

Her classes were going great, well... maybe except DADA. She spent those lessons sitting at the back of the classroom shooting silent tripping jinxes at Lockhart and plotting ways to get away with murder.
Potions were okay, Snape had stopped staring at her each lesson and began to completely ignore her. Though he did meet her gaze a few times, and whenever that happened his face always contorted up into an unidentifiable expression. If Amris didn't know better, she'd say he looked constipated.

The Slytherins didn't like her. She knew that for sure. But amris decided that as long as their dislike didn't get physical, she didn't give a fuck. Malfoy and his goons seemed to stay out of it all though, choosing to just ignore while the other Slytherin students would sneer at her when she walked past.
On her third day at Hogwarts, the second year girls cornered her in an empty corridor and demanded to know where she was sleeping, seeing as she hadn't been staying in the second year dorms. Amris didn't want to give up her title as Lady Slytherin, and instead just told them to mind their own business. When they didn't let up, Amris punched A girl named Pansy Parkinson in the nose and walked off. They hadn't cornered her again.

Amaris had made little to no progress in the evil dairy department, much to her displeasure. She made sure to write to Tom Riddle every day but Amris was yet to actually get anywhere with it. She was being extremely careful not to allow the diary to soak up her soul, and kept her occulamancy at 100% whenever she was near it. Amris wrote to him about her lessons and how much she wanted to drown Lockhart, but all he gave back were generic responses that were lacking in substance.
And so Amris decided she needed to give more to gain more. She needed to find a common ground between herself and Riddle for him to open up to her even a tiny amount.

It was a Friday at 9:30 pm as She sat on her cosy bed with the Diary in her lap. The calming green light coming in from the windows danced across its yellowing pages as Amris wrote

"Tell me about yourself, Riddle"

"what would you like to know, darling?"

"Anything. I seem to always be the one talking about myself, and it's getting quite annoying"

He didn't reply.

"What was your childhood like?"
Amris asked.

The diaries magic seemed to hum in contemplation before he gave a reluctant response.

"I grew up in a muggle orphanage. It was horrid."

"So did I, actually. It was also rather horrid"

And so the two went on to share their
experiences as magical children living in an orphanage. Amaris told Tom about the matron locking her in the damp basement for days on end and Tom told Amaris about the children bullying him for being a 'freak'.

"Are you a muggle-born? Since you grew up in a muggle orphanage"
Amaris asked.

"Merlin no. My mother was a pathetic near-squib, but a pure-blooded descendant of Salazar Slytherin, and my father was a disgusting muggle"
Riddle wrote back with so much disdain that the dairy was literally vibrating.

Amris took in the new information and almost laughed at the irony. The great Dark Lord Voldemort, a No1 advocate for blood purity, was a half-blood? It was hilarious!
She dipped her quill into her inkpot and pressed it to the paper.