The First Meeting

"Hello Tom Riddle"

A Young girl stood before him.
He took a quiet moment to soak in her appearance; auburn hair that cascaded down her short frame like a drape, Hogwarts robes that bore the Slytherin crest. And those eyes, those piercing green eyes.

She looked to be younger than Tom by a few years, but her magic felt older than even his own. It was rather strange.

He shut his book and placed it on the round coffee table at the side of the couch.
"Hello, Miss Potter black"

Amaris cocked her head. His voice was smooth and inviting.
She had to admit to herself that the boy sitting In front of her was not something she had been expecting. He was pretty, seemed well-spoken, but she also knew more than anyone just how looks can be deceiving. She wondered what happened down the life path that turned him into a noseless monstrosity that went around trying to murder babies.

She could feel a familiar dark magic attempt to seep into her, her mental defenses were weakened for some reason compared to when she was simply writing into the dairy.
Deciding that coming into the dairy probably hadn't been the best idea, she knew she couldn't spend more than a few minutes in here, she didn't want to end up possessed. She could not risk it.

She dropped the smirk she had previously had etched across her face and schooled her expression into a neutral one.

"What are you, Mister Riddle?"

Tom quirked his brow before replying "whatever do you mean, Miss potter black?"

"The diary. What is it, what are you?"

A look of contemplation swept over his porcelain skin. "I am but a memory of the past placed within a diary."

She hummed in response but Amaris knew this was not the truth, memories can't think for themselves, nor are they shrouded in dark magic. Much to her annoyance, she knew she didn't have time to ask him further, she could feel her occlumancy weakening by the second.

"And now, darling, it is my turn to ask you a question" he practically purred. He got up from his seat slowly and took a step towards her. She could reach out and touch him they were that close.

"How do you know about the chamber of secrets" he asked, his demeanor eerie.

Amaris let out a cold chuckle before replying "you'd be a moron to actually think I'd tell you that, riddle"

His eyes narrowed but he quickly let a small devilish grin tug at his lips. " I suppose so, Miss potter black."

Amaris was confused over why his expression had changed so suddenly but immediately realized what had happened. Her occlumancy barriers were cracking, the dark magic would no doubt break them down if she stayed even a minute longer.

"Well Mr riddle, it's due time I leave"And before Amaris even got a chance to look at his now scowling face, she used her magic to drag herself up and out of the diary, finding herself sitting on her bed just as she had been before.

She hadn't made any progress in trying to find out just what the dairy was, and she doubted Hogwarts would have books on such dark magic so reaching it was out of the question. The only other option she had was to write to riddle again, somehow get him to tell her.

She sighed and leaned back into her comfortable bed with an exasperated sigh. Somehow she knew this was not going to be easy, she was in for a long year.

—-

Amris woke the next day and got dressed, but her mind wasn't focused on what she was doing. Instead, she was thinking about the happenings of the previous day and how they might affect her first-day attending classes.
Harry practically hated her, so she doubted they would speak today. Dumbledore was probably going batshit crazy over her little legilimancy stunt she pulled on him and Amris wouldn't put it past him to warn the other teachers about her. And that godforsaken diary had proved utterly useless for anything other than trying to possess her so now she had to keep talking to it in the hopes of gaining information.

She sat alone at breakfast, the other second years were sat together in conversation, occasionally sending scornful glances down the way at her.

She picked at the food on her plate, two sausages and a buttered bun. She didn't feel overly hungry in the mornings, never had. While at the orphanage food had been limited, the orphanage being highly underfunded. And then pairing that with the matron's punishment of occasional starvation, she had been used to not having regular meals.
She had eaten a bit more while staying with Remus, but he himself struggled to afford enough decent food for two, so Amaris often found herself eating mostly toast and tomato soup while staying with him. She didn't even like tomatoes.

She was quickly distracted from her plate when a tall dark shadow loomed over her, she lifted her head to see that strange greasy professor who had stormed out of the great hall yesterday.

"Your timetable, Miss Potter" he snarled out, handing her a sheet of parchment with what she assumed was her timetable. She took it from his hands gently and looked down at it before replying
"Thanks, sir"
And with that he's strode down the table, giving the other second-year students their own timetables.

Amaris read over her classes, her first one today was Herbology with the Gryffindors. It seemed she shared most classes with the Gryffindors, much to her discomfort. She didn't know how she'd be able to face Harry.

Unedited