The Traitor

It was the morning of September first and Amaris was double checking she had everything she needed in her trunk.
Last night she had finally gotten around to writing down her plans for the following year in her parseltongue diary.

She opened a zipper on the inside of her trunk and took out the diary, opening it and rereading what she had previously written.

Stop ginny Weasley getting the diary (mission failed successfully)
Inspect diary, figure out what it is and how to destroy it.
Introduce myself to Harry and try to not look like an idiot.
Contact Gringotts and ask about properties I own, can't keep staying with remu. He's getting overly suspicious.
Visit the chamber of secrets and speak to the basilisk (you never know, it might make a good pet if I can tone down the murderous rage)
Find out why I'm a parselmouth
Why does Remus hate Sirius Black?
Befriend the Malfoy heir? Need to get back in the Malfoys good graces.
What does dumbledore have against me?
Gain other professors/people in powers trust, as a safety net in case dumbledore tries any funny business.
Cause chaos and leave dumbledore to pick up the pieces

She had much to do this up and coming year, but she was not scared. She was excited. She'd be meeting her brother, joining a magic school and getting away from that nasty orphanage completely.

She had taken care of the evil diary problem, so long as it didn't fall out of her hands. So she didn't need to be overly worried about much happening. She had yet to write anything in it, deciding to do it when she got to Hogwarts and had privacy to set up protective wards. She couldn't risk making any mistakes with it.

Placing her parseltongue diary back into her trunk, she zipped it closed and headed to the kitchen, where Remus lupin was sitting with a cup of hot tea reading the daily profit.

"I'm all packed, uncle Mooney"

He looked up at her, a supposedly warm smile on his face but a hard look in her eyes. He had been acting weird with her ever since she refused to answer his questions about her glowing aura. She didn't really care though. She liked the man well enough, but she had only just met him properly a few weeks ago. She couldn't just tell anyone about who she truly was, and after seeing the way he reacted after she told him she changed her name, she knew he could not be told about her past.

He had almost kicked her out when she had come back from Diagon and told him she was now legally named Amris Lily Potter-Black. He kept screaming about how she had 'taken the family name of a traitorous bastard' and that her parents would be rolling in their graves over her choice to no longer go by Clementine.
When's he asked him about Sirius black and why he was a traitorous bastard, he cad just smashed a dinner plate on the floor and stormed out of the house.
He came back a few hours later to apologize, but still wouldn't say anything about Black.

"Good, good. It's time to head off now anyway. We will be apparating to the station." He answered her, putting down the newspaper and taking the last swig of his tea.

A few moments later Amaris stood just outside of King cross, trunk in hand.
Remus had already started to walk ahead, but Amaris just stood still, her feet seeming to be stuck in place. This was it, this was the start of her new life.

Striding forwards to catch up with Remus, she took in all of the different people buzzing around her.
They all seemed to be muggles, but every so often she caught a glance at an owl or a woman wearing a pointy hat.

Once they had walked for three more minutes, Remus stopped in his tracks and turned to face Amaris.

"Here we are!" He motioned to the brick wall that stood between the platform nine and platform 10.

"Remus, no offence, but it's just a wall"

He chuckled softly, placing his hands on her shoulders and guiding her backwards a few steps.

"Just follow my lead," he said as he walked backwards and... through the wall?
What the fuck

"I'm going to look so bloody stupid if This doesn't work ", she muttered under her breath, scowling. tightening the grip on her luggage, she sucked in a deep breath, closed her eyes and began walking briskly in the direction of the red bricks.

A wave of magical energy flooded her senses as she stepped through the barrier, intoxicating her with its power.
Once she was sure she had made it through whatever hidden entrance she had just passed through, she opened her eyes. Relieved to see Remus standing just a short distance in front of her was an actual smile on his face.

"I present to you, the Hogwarts Express!" he spoke, with a wave of his hand in the direction of the glorious maroon steam engine that stood on the tracks.

Amaris had the admit the train was stunning, but she didn't have time to admire it for as long as she'd want. The train was set to leave in just 5 minutes, and she had yet to even board it.

She turned to face Remus  "thank you for letting me stay with you this past summer, I wouldn't have had anywhere else to go"

He sighed "it's quite alright, clem- Amaris. I'm just so relieved you are alive. Write to me through the year, and if you want to come back to stay with me during the holidays, you're more than welcome"
He wrapped her up in a small hug and directed her in the direction of the Hogwarts express.

Unedited
A/N: filler chapter, sorry. Tom will come soon I promise😩