chapter 44: Too Late To Apologize?

Start from the beginning

"It's for the sake of the pack, Jacob. I've given this a lot of thought and.... She's our biggest threat." I couldn't believe my ears. He was discussing of a way to take down MY mate... I wouldn't let him. He was insane.

"Sam, you can't be-" Sam cut Seth off with an angry growl. The others were too shocked to speak. We hadn't expected this from Sam.... I hadn't expected it.

"Think about it. She's the strongest, Jacob. We don't know the extent of her powers; that element of surprise gives her an advantage and it makes her the biggest threat. I can't put all of you at risk." Sam tried to stand there and look wise, but he looked the fool to me.

"If you even think I would let you, any of you hurt her...you're dead wrong...." My voice was low, a deadly growl.

"We don't want to hurt her Jacob. I'm sure none of us do. We don't want to kill her-" I cut him off with a growl, my body shaking uncontrollably, he paid no mind and continued. "I don't Jacob. The point of this is to find a way to, I don't know, knock her out; take her out of the picture." I had had it and shifted. I let out a fierce growl and the others were quick to go into action. Some shifted and others tried to talk to me, but it didn't matter, all I saw was red.

'Jacob, calm down man! Don't do anything stupid!' someone tried to stop me by walking in front of me, I ran around them and was tackled down by another three wolves, I couldn't tell who was who. I tossed them off like nothing and when I lifted my head, suddenly everyone was in their wolf form, and Sam stood in front of me as his usual black wolf form.

'Jacob, stop. We need to be together at a time like this. I'm not the enemy. We are only thinking about the safety of everyone we care.' I stopped at that and stared at him.

'You aren't going to hurt my imprint...do you hear me?' I started to walk away.

'Jacob, stop.' I didn't and kept walking, I was done listening. 'Jacob, that was an order! If it comes to it, we have no choice!' I turned around and stared at him.

'We're doing this to protect our loved ones.... Maybe I should start...' I started walking again.

'Jacob where are you going?! Jacob, stop!' his voice boomed in our heads and I involuntarily stopped; I growled and his stopped. 'We aren't done speaking.' My growling continued. I kept trying to get my legs to move, but they wouldn't budge. I growled louder. No, this is wrong. I'm not just a beta. I shouldn't have to take orders, especially ones I don't want to follow. I willed my legs to move and before I knew it, I had taken a couple steps forward. I turned on him.

"Both Bella and Violet are our friends...are we really going to hurt them?" I stopped to hear Sam reply to Seth. Sam never once turned to look at him, instead he looked me in the eye, growling and snarling.

"We will fight. We have to protect the tribe. Whatever monstrosity they have created.... It can't live, it won't be able to control itself' He came closer to me now, growling in my face and snarling. I felt myself begin to bow down again, as did the others around me. "And if need be, we may need to make sure Violet isn't a threat." I growled and fought back his dominance. He tried to gain control. "You will fight with the pack Jacob." I growled and before I knew it, I felt like my veins were injected with fire. A strong, burning flame erupted in my system and I couldn't help but feel empowered.

"I am the grandson of Ephraim Black! I'm the grandson of a chief!" I stood up, challenging him, feeling stronger and much more powerful than he was. He backed down slightly and I felt even stronger, fueled by the others' growls and snarls, including his. I paid no mind to their thoughts, just my own anger and strength. "I'm through bowing down to you. Now I decide!" I growled and with that, took off.