23. Marcel's POV

The bald head put his gun down on the table and I commanded, "Three of you on your knees." But they just stared at me, so I pushed the gun into the Raven's head.

   "Do it," Dylan growled from behind as he stood up, holding his gun and pointed at him. "Now!"

   They nodded and got on their knees. I got off the Raven head guy as I continued to have the gun pointing in his direction. "What now?" Dylan grabbed the gun from the table and put it in his pocket along with his. Then he took a handcuff and walked toward Evin. I got distracted watching my cousin, and my opponent took the chance to sink something into my thighs. I fell on my knees as I cried in pain. I looked at the knife that was stabbed in my right thigh. Fresh blood dribbled down my leg over the dry blood on my knee. "Oh my gosh Marcel, are you okay?" I felt someone hold my hand. I was too busy looking at my wound and crying that I didn't realize what was happening around me.

   Suddenly I heard a shattering sound followed by a thud. My eyes moved to Dylan, who was kneeling beside me. He touched his head and then looked at his hand, which was covered with blood. I gasped and looked at Malcom who was holding a bronze trophy. "Why did you do that!" I cried. The four men were now standing in front of us. The bald guy and Malcom took ahold of Dylan's arms. Dylan struggled to free himself as he took short breaths. His pupils got small, and I watched blood dribble down his head. The two men lifted him up as I screamed, "NOOO!!" I tried moving, but the Raven grabbed my shoulders and pushed me down. I watched as they threw Dylan on the couch and took away his guns. Evin sat in front of him once again and asked, "I'm giving you one last chance. Give me the evidence and I'll leave you alone. No tricks." I watched Dylan hold his head as he shook it and blinked a few times.

   I veiled violently, "Dylan no please." The guy behind me kicked my hip, making me cry harder. He nudged my head with the gun and tightened his grip on my shoulder. Dylan looked at me and stretched his hand, "Don't." His voice came out feebly. You needed to do something. Think Marcel. Think. I looked at my slashed thigh that had blood oozing out of it. I bit my teeth as I pulled the knife out and snapped it in the Raven's feet. "You little piece of shit!" he groaned as he stumbled and fell down.

   Dylan took the moment of distraction and pushed himself back in the couch with force. The couch tilted back as he lifted his leg and kicked the bald guy in his face. Malcom grabbed his arm and Evin grabbed his other arm as Dylan sat on top of the bald guy. I glanced around and found a gun beside the Raven. I snatched it before the Raven could and pointed at the two men. I had no clue about shooting. Using pure knowledge from the movies, I tried to aim at Evin and with trembling hands I pulled the trigger. The bullet fell an inch away from the fat guy's feet and he jumped. "Don't move." They froze and looked at me. I shot again at the floor making them jump and let go of Dylan. My legs throbbed in pain as I tried lifting myself of the floor. Every inch I moved felt like having multiple stabs in my leg. I started to feel light headed as I stood up so I tried shifting my weight on my feet to steady myself.

   "Marcel behind you!" Dylan yelled, and I did a swift turn that gave me vertigo. I saw the Raven coming towards me. It was all too soon. By the time I could react, something hard collided with my skull, causing my vision to blur. I grabbed his hand and closed my eyes. You can do it, Marcel. C'mon. You have to save Dylan. I knew Dylan wanted to save me, too. I lifted my leg and stamped his feet where I had stabbed him. He cried in pain and I pushed him off of me. I pointed the gun at him and aimed for his stomach. My hands shook, and I ended shooting his leg. I felt my head pound harder from the loud noise. I shook my head and blinked, trying to unblur my vision.

   There was another gunshot, and my heart skipped a beat. I slowly turned around as I mentally prayed for Dylan to be okay. I saw Dylan holding a gun and Malcom was trying to rip the gun from his hand. Evin was standing behind Dylan with his arms around him. I pointed the gun at them, but I saw two figures of each of them. I closed my eyes and shook my head before opening it. For a split second, I saw clearly and my finger laced around the trigger. A loud noise echoed through the house, but I wasn't very sure if it was from my gun because I fell to the floor.

   I heard murmuring in the background. My eyelids felt heavy, and I felt weak. I felt a sharp pain in my thigh and a hammering pain in my head. I took deep breaths and forced my eyes open. At first, everything was blurry. I blinked and then my eyes fell on him. My blood ran cold seeing my brother laying on floor. "DYLAN!" I cried and pushed myself up. I ran to him and ended up stumbling over something. I fell beside his legs. "Dyan. Dylan. Are you okay?" I moved closer to him. I covered my mouth as I cried and looked at him. I saw Dylan's hand over his stomach that was oozing with blood. I lifted my hand to touch it, but Dylan pushed my shoulders, whispering, "R-run away. G-Go before they c-come."

   "No! No," my hand trembled as it gently landed on his hand. I pulled his hand and the sight of the open wound made me feel sick. I looked at the blood on my hand and cried, "I'm so sorry Dylan."

   "L-leave." His eyes fluttered and his skin looked pale. He shook his head as his eyes blinked rapidly.

   "No. I left you all these years. I'm not leaving anymore. I'm so sorry," I sobbed as I took his hand in mine. I wrapped his arm around me and tried lifting him up, but he was too heavy.

   "G-go. Please. T-they will k-kill you. L-leave," he begged as he held his stomach and groaned.

   "I love you Dylan. I'm going to get us out, Okay?" I whispered and stood up. I used all my force to lift him up. This time, he didn't resist. Using my help, he got on his feet and held onto me. I looked at him to see if he was okay, and then my eyes caught something.

   "Awe Malcom, look at these two warriors. So sweet but so sad," Evin cooed as he lifted his gun. I opened my mouth to beg him to stop. To beg him to leave us. "Let my brother live!" I wanted to say, but my words weren't as fast as his gun.

   Everything happened so fast. I lifted my feet to move, but Dylan pushed me back and jumped in front of me as the gunshot was heard. I fell down and Dylan fell on top of me. I cried as I saw a fresh wound in his chest. "No. No. No. No," I muttered as I pressed my hand against his chest, trying to stop the blood. But there was nothing to conceal the blood that was dripping from his head. The blue sweater was covered in blood by my stomach. I placed my other hand on his cheek and he looked at me. "I'm going to get us out of this," I promised, even though I wasn't sure if we even had a slim chance. I felt exhausted and my eyelids were droopy. I felt my limbs slowly going numb as my body was giving up, but I fought the urge. I needed to be there for Dylan. I wasn't going to run away like before. I won't let him go. Not this time.

   I noticed His eyes closed and opened very slowly. "No. No. Please stay with me," I begged. I knew it was too late. I was too late.

   Dylan smiled faintly and placed his icy hand on my cheek as he spoke in a fragile voice than was once filled with so much life, "I c-couldn't ask for." he groaned in pain. "A b-better brother-" his hand fell down, but the smile didn't leave his face.

   "No!! No please!" I cried. Black spots started to form in my vision, but I shook my head, trying to focus on Dylan. There was another gunshot, followed by an electric pain shooting through my body. Then everything went blank.