7. Karma

Ryan walked in waving his hands at a few seniors, and fist bumped them. He saw Jennifer walking in front of him. Her short hair was suddenly long and blonde. For a minute Ryan frowned in confusion, but then a smirked creeped on his face. He walked up to her and grabbed her wig. Her head was now bald. He burst out laughing and put his mouth over his mouth. "Oh, I'm sorry. My bracelet got caught in your wig," he said. Everyone joined him and laughed. "What happened to your hair?" someone yelled. Jennifer huffed and snatched the wig from his hand. Ryan came to say something when someone interrupted, "Hmm Jennifer, Mr. Leek called you." It was Ruth. She gave Ryan a death glare before she looked at Jennifer with a smile. Jennifer nodded and walked away with Ruth.

   Dorian chuckled and smacked his friend's arm. Together, they walked up to his locker. Dorian started complaining about how his parents won't compromise on the punishment. Ryan opened his locker and what he saw inside made his blood run cold. He took the object in his hand and stared at it. It was a blonde hair doll that looked just like him. It even wore a white shirt and gray pant just like their school uniform. The doll's left leg was missing and the left leg of the pant was cut in half with fresh blood on the tips. Ryan touched it and felt like puking, seeing the blood on his fingers. On the shirt of the doll, the words Karma is coming for you was written.

   "Shit. You too." Dorian was looking at the doll, too.

   "Who the-" Ryan turned to yell at everyone, but Dorian placed a hand on his mouth. He grabbed the doll and shoved it back in the locker and shut it. "You won't gonna get an answer," he replied. Ryan came to ask him something but couldn't since their friends approached them and started talking.

   Meanwhile, Ruth took Jennifer to an empty classroom. "Where is Mr. Leek?" asked Jennifer.

   "Oh I lied," Ruth shrugged.

   Jennifer clung onto her, and Ruth patted her back. "Thank you for being so nice," she whispered.

   Ruth pulled back and nodded. "It was nothing."

   "You don't get it. It's like I've lost hope in this place. In Bridgewoods and this school. But in all this crap, I'm glad there are few good things like you," Jennifer sincerely said her as she held Ruth's hand. She took out Ruth's snack box and gave it back to her.

   "What do you mean? What's happening in this place?"

   Right then, the bell rang. Jennifer gave Ruth one more hug and whispered, "This place doesn't deserve you. Leave." Before she walked away, leaving Ruth in pure confusion.

   Ila walked inside and looked at her friend. "Hey are you okay?" she asked, snapping Ruth out of her thoughts. Ruth nodded, and they both took their seat and got ready for class.

   During P.E, Ila and Ruth went to the toilet. To their surprise, when they left the washroom, they found Dorian waiting outside. He was resting on the wall with one leg lifted up.

   "Ey dude, what are you doing at the girl's toilet," Ila laughed.

   "Don't play dumb. I know it was you who did it," he growled and took a step forward.

   "Did what?"

   "You placed that heart pillow with blood in my locker. I know it was you!" he yelled.

   Ruth placed her hand on his chest and stopped him from moving any further. "I told you Dorian it wasn't her."

   He scoffed. "Stop supporting your friend. It is her. First, she sabotaged the video and played dumb to Mr. Bulcock. Then she pinned Amelia to it-"

   "So this is what it is. You are here cause little miss whiny got in trouble," Ila mocked. She was in the least intimidated by Dorian's build or height.

   "Don't talk about her like that." He tried to move closer to Ila again, but Ruth stepped in between. "What is your problem?" she asked.

   "My problem is, she thinks she is making us all scared by pulling her tricks. Well, we are not."

   "Bruh if you aren't scared, why are you come to threaten me," Ila shot back.

   "You fucking b-" he raised his hand, but Ruth caught it and scuffed it away. "Enough!" he looked at Ruth, who just yelled at him. "I don't understand why you are taking up for her. She's the one that put that thing in your locker, in mine and even Ryan's."

   "Ryan?"

   "Yes, there was a doll with a broken leg in his locker and the words Karma is coming for you written on it."

   Ila chuckled. "That's all? Dude, I thought something happened to him."

   "You! Stop it now!" he said, pointing at her.

   "Listen Dorian, in case you didn't notice," she spoke with confidence as she stepped forward. "Ryan is a bastard. Bastards like him have a lot of enemies. If it was me, I wouldn't have given him a broken doll. Tsk. Tsk. Tsk. I would have broken his leg."

   Ruth stepped in between both of them again before Dorian could do something. "Can you two stop?" she looked at Dorian. He nodded and stepped back. "Look, we don't have any proof it is her. So stop coming and throwing your anger on her and just leave," Ruth said.

   "Then why hasn't she gotten any threats yet?" Dorian asked.

   "Well, Amelia didn't get one too. She could have done it since well," Ila pointed and mimicked Amelia, "She's Rosie's best best friend. She would do anything for her." Ila smirked. "Unless she wanted it more."

   Dorian huffed and muttered, "Let me only get the proof." With that, he stormed off.

   Ruth looked at Ila and said, "Nice."

   "What was he even talking about?"

   Ruth threw her arms around her and said, "Uhm I'll tell you about it later. Now let's go before Mr. Johnson comes searching for us."

   That night, sorrow dawned on Bridgewoods once again with bad news: a departed soul and one in the hospital. One an act of fate and another by the work of Karma. The next day, Jennifer and Ryan didn't turn up to school. No one had a clue until the announcement was made before the prayer.

   "Let us all bow our heads and pray for the departed soul of Jennifer Stewart and for Ryan Jones, who had fractured his leg and is admitted in the hospital."