16. Surprise Surprise

Bella screamed and stumbled back. Her legs hit something, causing her to trip and fall on her back. "W-who are you? W-what do you want?" she shuttered as she sat up. It was the same figure she saw, but this time, a lot more visible. It had a flashlight in its hand that was striking on its face. "Don't you know me step- mom," the voice said, pausing a second before the "mum".

   "R-Rosie?"

   The girl giggled. Her long blonde curls fell in front of her face. Bella noticed her blue eyes through the golden strands as the light shun on her face. Her hair was wet and so was the white cloak which she was wearing. She started walking towards Bella while she crawled back in fear. Her hands searched around for something to throw. She found something soft and round. She quickly grabbed it and flung it at the girl. The girl dodged it and taunted, "Tsk'. Tsk. Tsk. Wrong move, Bella."

   "Please leave me alone. I'm sorry for everything I have done," Bella begged as she moved back. Her back hit the wall and her eyes widened in fear. She looked at the girl, who hovered over her. Her wet hair hung in front of Bella's face. Small droplets cascaded down her golden locks and fell on Bella's cheeks. The girl placed her icy hands on Bella's cheeks and she flinched. "Tsk. Tsk. Don't worry. I'm not going to kill you. What's the fun in that?" Bella shivered under her touch as she looked at her.

   "W-What do you m-mean?"

   The girl didn't reply. She just chuckled as she straightened her posture. Suddenly, the flashlight went off and something fell on Bella. She felt suffocated, and she couldn't see anything. Bella wrestled to get the thing off of her when she heard the song play again, "And I think to myself, what a wonderful world." The music echoed through the house. Bella managed to get the thick blanket off of her. She gasped for air as she looked around. She found no signs of the girl. The song was stage only thing heard. She slowly stood up and made her way out of the room. The music stopped and there was a knock. Bella startled. "Mama?" that's when she realized her daughter was still locked in.

   Isolda fell into her mother's arms as soon as the door was opened. She cried as she hugged her tight. "Gud välsigne loss (God bless us) Oh Isolda, are you okay?" Bella enquired. Isolda opened her mouth to answer, but was interrupted by the sound of something breaking. She pulled away, and they looked at each other. Bella placed her hand on her daughter's lips and then grabbed her hand. Together, they slowly tip toed downstairs. All the lights came on with an enormous boom. They looked around but found no one in the living room. So they went into the kitchen and what they saw made both of them gasp.

   On the floor was all of Bella's priceless China ceramic plates, broken into pieces. But that wasn't the horrific part. On one of the floor-tiles, in red marker, the following words were written: Rosie is dead, her body is gone blue. Karma wants to play and it chose you.

***

Bella wasn't the only one that had a surprise that night...

   When Mr. Leek went home that night, he had a surprise waiting for him. In his room on his bed, laid something small but Leek didn't notice. Poor guy must have been exhausted after pacing around the entire day anxiously while Thompson did his enquiries. Leek went straight into the bathroom and took his own sweet time. I waited patiently as I watched what was happening. Even when he came out, he didn't notice the thing. Mr. Leek sat on his chair and started saying the rosary. Hmm, so holy. Once he was done, he finally walked to his bed. That was when the small thing caught his eyes. It was a photo. He took it in his hand and examined it. There was not a single experience on his face. It wasn't any photo. It was actual proof. He flipped the photo, and that's when his eyes widen. There was a message for him: You aren't the only one with proof. Now fear was seen on his face. He looked around and then peeped out of his window. With haste, he left the room.

   "Malcom, look at this!" Leek yelled as he placed the photo on Bulcock's table the next day. Bulcock took the picture and his eyes widened. It was a picture of Leek having a girl pinned against his table while he kissed her. The person's face wasn't seen, but the school uniform said it was a student. "But how? Didn't we delete the footage?" Bulcock lifted his head and asked.

   Leek ran his hand through his hair as he paced around the room. "I don't fucking know. I don't understand," he growled.

   "Do you think it was the cop?"

   "Hmm, if it was him, he would have come straight to me with the proof. This is someone else." Bulcock stayed silent. "We need to fucking find this person soon, Malcom, before they ruin my reputation."

   "Thompson is coming in for an enquiry today again. Hopefully, we find this person."

   As said, Officer Thompson did come for an enquiry. Every student that was called was clueless about the situation. They all witnessed it, but knew nothing about it. Thompson tried getting information from Jerry and Rosie's friends about their visit to the principal's office, but he got nothing useful. At Last, Isolda was called or more like she volunteered to be called because she needed to tell him something important.

   After he was done, he went to Bulcock's office. "Did you find anything?" was the first thing he asked. Thompson shook his head. Leek rushed up to him and pointed at him as he growled, "You are an officer! Why the fuck is this so hard for you?" Bulcock grabbed his shoulders and pulled him back.

   "Well, sir, I haven't solved the suicide cases either. Unless I know why can I find who."

   "I already told you that was their personal stuff. Stop linking everything and just find the criminal. Isn't there like a finger mark to trace them? What about that blood? Whose blood is that?"

   "Well, that was just sugar syrup and food coloring. There was no finger print found."

   "Did no one say anything fishy?"

   "They all said the same thing, like someone trained them," Thompson replied. "They are just as clueless as you."

   "What do you mean?"

   "Well, Sir, like how you are clueless about the suicides. They are clueless about the incident."

   "Thompson! Stop linking them!"

   Thompson kept quiet for a moment. "We will have to wait. If this person is on to something, there will be an incident again. So do report immediately if you get another threat."

   Bulcock and Leek exchanged looks as Thompson walked away.

***

By the evening, the incident at the Davis' flooded the entire school. Everyone was talking about it. "Ey, did you hear about what happened at Isolda's house?" was the first thing Ila asked when she met Ruth at the bus stand.

   "Gosh yes. Do you think it was really her?" Ruth asked with a hint of hope.

   "Ghosts?" Ila chuckled. "Hmm, I don't know. But whatever that was, it surely caused havoc in the house. Apparently they heard her singing, giggling and even got her perfume smell. Oh, and Bella's china plates were broken."

   "Oh my gosh, Bella worshiped those!" Ruth exclaimed. "I remember her hitting poor Rosie when she accidentally broke one."

   "Really?" Ruth nodded. "Oh. Oh, and according to Dorian, apparently Ryan experienced the same thing," Ila continued.

   "What!?"

   "Her perfume and the giggling. He said he heard her on the night he fell. News is that Rosie's ghost is taking revenge, and she's behind all the weird stuff that has been taking place," Ila explained.

   "Well, whatever it was, Ryan and Bella definitely deserved that."

   "Heck, yeah!"

__________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

THE TRAILER FOR KARMA IS UPLOADED ABOVE

Question: Who do you think is Karma?