Her mere eloquence impressed without trying.

Therefore when the news of her being betrothed to Daryab Khan came to light, she felt repulsed.

The reason being Zargham Khan, who had effortlessly gained her entire centre of thoughts. The man who she felt worth being her equal.

Daryab Khan, despite being her cousin, with his mediocre looks couldn't hold a candle next to Zargham Khan's handsomeness and his irresistibly fancying nature.

Consequently, Gul bano's interaction with Zargham Khan soon became inevitable especially because of them being next door neighbours.

So, after insistent persuasion, she had managed to force Zargham Khan to bring over his family before Daryab Khan could make any move. Unluckily, the day when Zargham Khan's elder sister paid a visit with the proposal, Daryab Khan arrived with his mother.

Thus resulting in Zargham Khan's sister leaving without a second thought regarding Gul bano. This wounded Gul severely. Her prayers left unheard.

She couldn't contain the spite she felt for Daryab at that very moment.

Daryab Khan, who had always known Gul bano as his betrothed was puzzled after seeing the other woman, and then shortly after, disclosed Gul bano's desire in marrying Zargham Khan, subsequently he backed away.

Zargham Khan wasn't very well off, but Gul bano's stubborness remained intact, at least till she received the news of rejection from Zargham as well.

Daryab Khan had always been in love with his cousin. Since childhood, he took pride while thinking of Gul bano as solely his. He believed of the feelings being reciprocated therefore never himself, made any move or need to communicate with her,

but when he learned about Zargham Khan, the bubble of love burst & he was left heartbroken.

Nevertheless, keeping Daryab's choice in mind, Zareena visited her sister just to bring up her son's proposal once again and this time, Gul bano gave in.

It was partly due to keeping in mind Daryab Khan's influence in the area and also because she had to show Zargham that she wasn't weak or short of proposals.

That changed soon after her marriage. Her tranquility vanished into the thin air.

As her husband's face regularly reminded her of everything she could have had only if she were with her past lover.

The wish to have a child with Daryab was simply out of question.

Where Daryab Khan thought of being imposed on her and always tried winning her over with even the most littlest actions, the woman's cold heart never once melted.

Instead, her wicked disposition had no end as it morphed her ideas into a different kind of need.

A need of life where she could keep the things which she deserved all next to herself, including respect, power and Zargham Khan.

All it took was one call of apology for Gul bano to forget everything, under the influence of his supposed love, forgetting her honour and fear of Allah regarding the strict rulings over the union of marriage.