Chapter 21- ADAM

Mitch

"Ano ang ginagawa mo rito?" My dear cousin blocked my way.

"Get out of my way, Adam." I pushed him but he didn't move an inch. "Get out of my fucking way."

"After what you've done— Whoring around with your good for nothing boyfriend."

I slap his face that echoed on the hospital corridor.

"The next time you say something shit about me, make sure I won't hear it. I guess you can't wait to get rid of me, huh! Your hands are itching for my inheritance."

My blood is boiling with anger.

"You are nothing but a disgrace to the family," he said that cuts too close to my heart.

"You are not part of the official family. You are not even a Salvacion," I said with equal venom. "Keep your opinion to yourself. Until your father gave you a proper name, don't act like you are equal to me."

I walk past Adam and Ken and Raiden walk behind me.

I saw daddy at the window inside the ICU. The scene is too familiar to me.

"Your uncle's bastard is not happy about you," Ken whispered to me.

"Dad is too fond of him; I don't understand why."

"I heard that Brix called 911 earlier. He forgot to end the call so the operator keeps listening to them until the medic came. Do you want to have the recording?" Raiden asked as we stare at my father.

"Do I need the recording?" I asked confusedly.

"Diniin ng pinsan mo si Brix," Ken replied.

"Fucking bastard," I murmured.

"Mitch, kailangan mo sigurong bantayan ang daddy mo," Ken commented. "Kailangan mo sigurong umuwi."

"I won't if he will ask me to leave Brix."

"Brix will understand," Ken murmured.

The tears that I keeping on the bay, fell.

"Isa pa, kailangan mong labanan si Adam. You have to protect Brix. Hindi mo magagawa iyon kapag hindi ka bumalik sa bahay ninyo," dagdag ni Raiden.

I didn't go home that night and stayed at the hospital. Rose keeps messaging me, Brix is more mellow than Rose but I can feel his care. He asked Dad's condition more than twice.

Ken and Raiden went home around 4 am and I was left alone at the hospital with my thoughts.

Kinabukasan, Dad opened his eyes and he saw me at the viewing window. Adam who was there too immediately went inside the ICU which made him look like a hypocrite. I called the doctor instead.

I texted Brix to give him the good news.

Me: Dad's awake.

Brix: Thank God.

Me: I think I will go home first.

Brix: Ayaw mong bantayan mo muna si Daddy mo? He might need you.

Me: Okay. Love you, hon.

Brix: Love you too. Message me always.

Pang Tony Awards ang acting ni Adam. Can't blame the man to act this way. My inheritance is at stake. He was on the edge of crying while we talk to the doctor.

"Kailangan ng therapy. Mabuti at mild stroke lamang ang nangyari. Nakatawag agad kayo ng medic."

"Yes, I did... Nakatawag agad ako. If not, Uncle will not be here, am I right?"

Napa-wow na lang ako. If si Rose kaya ang nandito, what will she say?

"As far as I know, it was Brix who called 911. I heard the recording," I cut his lies off. "Let's do all the necessary procedures for my Dad," I said to the doctor.

Adam looked in rage as he left me with the doctor.

"Your brother?"

"No... Can I request to close the ICU from unwanted visitors?"

"We can request that immediate family is only allowed," the doctor replied.

"By immediate family mean, the only daughter. That you, doctor. Please do that."

Mukhang broken hearted at nagpapaawa pa sa media si Adam nang hindi siya payagan ng guard na nilagay sa ICU. I might request for police or military if this lunatic will not stop.

My name is trending once again on social media.

Ako pa talaga ang mukhang pera, duh! Apakatanga ng mga netizens na naniwala.

I was thinking about what Ken and Raiden told me. If I need to fight this battle, I need to fight this strategically.

I went inside my dad's room. Sabi ng Doctor, it will take time before makabawi si Dad. His right half was affected.

"Dad—"

I hold his hand and prayed he will still live.

"He saved you right? Can't you see he is a good man?"

I closed my eyes and calmed my nerve. I kissed my father on his forehead and left his room. Before I closed the door, I look around if I can see CCTV inside the ICU. I think I need to request to install for safety.

I message Ken and asked for a second opinion. He said he will ask his sister about it.

My mind is decided. I will protect Brix even if it takes I need to hire the Knights of the Leaders to achieve that.