30.

"good morning" jisung said as his boyfriend sat up, "did you sleep okay?"

"yeah..thank you for coming here, you're the best" jisung leaned down to kiss him. "again" minho smiled.

"normalise shutting your doors" hyunjin walked into the room.

"normalise knocking??" minho snapped back. "leave me and my boyfriend alone"

hyunjin needed a few seconds to process his sentence, "since when?? you told me you weren't ever going to get back with him!!"

~

minho: i'll meet up with you as long as my bf can be there with us

unknown: okay, we'll meet at the cafe we used to go to when you were younger

"what if it was a bad idea???" minho said as he read over the texts. him and jisung were sitting at the back of the cafe waiting for his mother.

"it's alright min" he rested his hand on minho's thigh, "you got this"

he watched as a woman in a black suit came walking into the cafe and over to their table, she set her handbag on the table and then sat down.

"minho.." she said.

"hi" was all he could say, his mom looked exactly how he remembered her, the only difference was that she had shorter hair now.

"i'm guessing this is jisung?" she turned to him, "hello"

"nice to see you mrs lee" jisung replied.

"oh i'm not mrs lee anymore" she smiled slightly, "i divorced minho's dad many years ago.."

"what..you left dad?" minho was surprised, "why?"

"because he tore our family apart min! he mentally snd physically abused you, theres no way i was staying with him after that" she sighed, "i've been trying to find you for the last year or so..i figured you'd be ready to see me now"

minho wanted to cry, why couldn't he have stayed with his mother, "you could've left with me.." he mumbled, "if you'd left with me things would've been so much better"

jisung tightened his grip on minho's thigh, "deep breaths min"

"do you still live around here?" she asked.

"no, i live around half an hour away from here" he told her, "i didn't wanna be in this neighbourhood"

"understandable" she nodded, "i'm so happy you're okay sweetheart, and i'm so sorry your father treated you like that..i should've done something"

minho could tell that she genuinely meant what she said, "it's okay mom.."

a smile appeared on her face, "i love you so much min, please don't ever forget that"

~

the train ride home was silent, minho was holding jisung's hand the whole way and hadn't said a word.

"i was the one who got away..s-she probably had to go through so much.." he held back his tears.

"don't do this to yourself baby, we can't change the past and you cannot blame yourself!" jisung tried to comfort his boyfriend, "i'm so proud of you, you've gotten so far"

"i'm proud of you too sungie.." minho smiled for the first time that evening.

~

thank u all sm for the love u give my writing :(( you're all the best <333